Default 1987 Supra comp ts6m steering cable

I have a fairly stiff steering cable on my 87 Supra. I'm thinking I need to replace the cable. I did grease it by the rudder , this seemed to help a bit, but I think it is due for a new one. Where is the best place to get a new one and should I replace the helm as well.
    Last edited by gunner81; 08-28-2017 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Mispelling

The helm on my '89 was pretty worn out as well. I went with a new Uflex helm and cable, required some minor modification to fit the dash and reuse the original helm cover but works nice. Also check you clamp block for wear. Mine has some slop and I have a new part ready to go in when I get around to it.

Default Ok

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    The helm on my '89 was pretty worn out as well. I went with a new Uflex helm and cable, required some minor modification to fit the dash and reuse the original helm cover but works nice. Also check you clamp block for wear. Mine has some slop and I have a new part ready to go in when I get around to it.
    Thanks for the info! Where did you buy the u flex from

Or how long is the cable? I dont want to take mine out until I get a new one. Also best place to by one?

Thanks,
    Travis

I just replaced the steering cable on my 86 ts6m last winter, call the guys at skidim.com they will get you everything you need and will talk you through how to do it. You will most likely have to change the helm but it is easier than it sounds. I was able to get it done in one afternoon. It's like driving a whole new boat after that!