Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

thanks. yes i have discovered there was a major change from 06 to 07. bigger hull 700 or more pounds difference and alot of other things. And yes i wont buy a boat that i don't have the complete preventative maintenance history from day 1

ok i have came across a 06 Launch 21 dd. original owner and mint pristine condition. i have been looking awhile and have not seen a boat this clean with a history to go along with it and a price that is really fair. any opinions on the dd? I know re sale may hurt compared to a vdrive but will it that much?

Quote Originally Posted by Willy.Fire View Post
    ok i have came across a 06 Launch 21 dd. original owner and mint pristine condition. i have been looking awhile and have not seen a boat this clean with a history to go along with it and a price that is really fair. any opinions on the dd? I know re sale may hurt compared to a vdrive but will it that much?
    Per one of your first posts, a DD boat lacks room for family. I know people that started with DDrive and would rather have a VDrive just for the space in the middle of the boat.

For watersports, you can ski, tube, and wakeboard just fine (if you are not into jumping wakes).
    You can surf, but will not get the wave of a new VDrive.

There are a lot of DDrive owners on here. They can chime in. I've never owned one, just skied on them.
    2018 Supra SL400

yes good point. I live in area with little population so any boat i find will be a distance away which is making it tough. I have also looked into a 02 launch ssv. Nada values it much lower i think 8500 lower but they are priced the same. Would a 02 ssv hold its value better then a 06 direct drive?

yes good point. I live in area with little population so any boat i find will be a distance away which is making it tough. I have also looked into a 02 launch ssv. Nada values it much lower i think 8500 lower but they are priced the same. Would a 02 ssv hold its value better then a 06 direct drive?
    Probably the same on value. Once you talk about getting past 10 years, the value is not going to depreciate that much. Heck, back in 2006, I recall SC having 10+ different models out there. Compare that to the 4 now: SR, SA, SL SE.

Back in 2006, the DDrive were pretty small by today's-standards. I think they were in 20' and 21'.
    Most the VDrives were 22/23' Launch and SSV. There was a 21' VDrive also.

I would rather have the VDrive in the 22'-23' for the room and storage.
    Probably both fuel injected if you compare the motors
    2018 Supra SL400

Thanks i keep hearing it over and over to buy a v-drive or you more then likely will regret it down the road either when it comes to usage or resale.

Thanks i keep hearing it over and over to buy a v-drive or you more then likely will regret it down the road either when it comes to usage or resale.
    I will also put my vote in for the v-drive. We have a 2008 Supra launch 20 SSV. we love it. Would we like a bigger boat? Sure. But this one fits in the garage. It is fine for our family of four and all of their stuff. This summer we even had an extra 5 guests all day for 5 days. It was crowded but we managed. We have upgraded all of the ballast as we like to surf and have the boat dialled in with an awesome wave. The wakeboard wave is decent for big jumps as well.
    I don't know anything about the change in hill design so can't help you there. I also have only been on a direct drive boat once and that hump makes for a VERY crowded boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk