Default 07 21v Surfing setup

Hoping to get some tips to improve my wave...

Rear Lockers have 2 stock front sacks which probably hold 600 lbs full
    Rear Seat has a 600 lb sack full
    Front Sack is a 1100 lb sack 50% or less full
    Wake plate 75%
    Speed 10.8
    Mission Wedge set as far back and low as it can go

Here is the best picture I have from this weekend:

How much do you back locker bags fill-up the space?

Pretty sure you cannot get past 750# in those lockers.

Ever consider lead ballast bags? 200-400# to move around?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 09-11-2017 at 10:26 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Have you ever tried to weight the boat 100% surf-side / 75 or 80% non-surf-side?

I would slam the surf side. Why I suggested a few lead bags in the corner under the ballast bags.

What happens if you remove the weight in the front? Then try 200/300#. Then another 200/300#? More weight here will flatten it out.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 09-11-2017 at 10:30 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

So my current rear bags are rated for 650 lbs each and were the stock front bag in my boat. They leave me 4-6 inches of space under the rear locker door that I would rather not give up. The bag is also 2 feet longer then the locker and goes under the rear seat. Its not able to fill up all the way but it gets close.

People I ride with are half goofy and half regular and I'm not interesting in tilting the boat even if it gives me a better wave.

Next time I get out I'll try a bit less weight in front and see how that goes.

Prop wise I'm running the optional OJ wake board prop that came stock with the boat and my RPMs are 3200 at surf speed 10.8. Power wise I'm good getting up to speed and perfect pass only struggles a bit if I'm going straight into the wind.

What advantages would a more dedicated Surf Prop bring me? Would I get better fuel economy? I don't care about losing top speed and I don't water ski...

Quote Originally Posted by mikebu View Post
    So my current rear bags are rated for 650 lbs each and were the stock front bag in my boat. They leave me 4-6 inches of space under the rear locker door that I would rather not give up. The bag is also 2 feet longer then the locker and goes under the rear seat. Its not able to fill up all the way but it gets close.

People I ride with are half goofy and half regular and I'm not interesting in tilting the boat even if it gives me a better wave.

Next time I get out I'll try a bit less weight in front and see how that goes.

Prop wise I'm running the optional OJ wake board prop that came stock with the boat and my RPMs are 3200 at surf speed 10.8. Power wise I'm good getting up to speed and perfect pass only struggles a bit if I'm going straight into the wind.

What advantages would a more dedicated Surf Prop bring me? Would I get better fuel economy? I don't care about losing top speed and I don't water ski...
    Do you need a surf prop? Most guys on here and the Moomba site are buying them b/c they are weighted down with 2-3K of ballast and are having issues with getting the boat up to surfing speed and a slow hole-shot. It's also said to improve fuel consumption. I'm not really sure that will make a measurable difference on fuel. The boats will burn fuel. My idea of fuel savings would be the difference between a motors - big vs small blocks.

If you take to the prop shops, they will tell you the standard OJ props are good for the 'all around' use. That is what SC sells with the boats. Where most of the surf guys are getting the ACME props are designed for heavy-weighted or high-altitude situations.

My boat has 2.5K of ballast and when I start to get a lot of bodies onboard, I can feel the motor (325) starting to stain to get up to speed. If I have 3-4 people, it runs fine. I'm have a new prop, just did not install it yet.
    2018 Supra SL400