Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 92 Comp lettering

Has anyone had the vinyl lettering replaced on a 92 Comp . I don't like the lettering but after buffing out the gel I have ghost lettering I can't get out . If a sign shop already has the file it would be easier to reproduce.

I had the exact lettering on my 96 and had the ghosting also when I removed. Ended up wet sanding to get it out
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

Did you get all the ghosting out ? I would rather not put those ugly things back on?

He did from what I could tell from seeing his boat a few times before he sold it.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Yes it all came out. Started by hand with 600 then 1000 then 1500. Then 3m heavy duty rubbing compound with buffer. Then gloss polish with buffer. Then wax with buffer. Wasn`t too hard since only doing the color and not the white. IMG_0293.jpg
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

I had the same thing, did the wet sanding and all the ghost lettering came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -cjtpilot...........1992 Supra Comp Ts6m..........351 PCM
    Big Air tower
    Radar Theory Slalom, Fulltilt wakeboard, barefoot.

I found a sign shop that can duplicate the lettering . Not sure on color . I'm thinking black or black with a silver outline . Black 1'' stripe under.

Well we picked the colors Kinda a combo between retro and original. Its either going to be wow or what was he thinking . Ill post picks when its done.

Well here it is I went with the original graphics to cover all the ghosting but changed the color to retro Supra light blue with a black pinstripe around the lettering . Then put a 1'' black stripe with a 1/4'' light blue stripe that goes into the light blue Supra wave. I think it pops against the sanded and buffed red of the hull . And its not yellow. Now we can concentrate on the new carpet and interior vinyl.

Looks great! I love red and blue together with just a punch of black. No mistaking the machining look to the trailer