Thread: Liquid Lumens

Default Liquid Lumens

Hey Guys, I ordered the pipeline liquid lumens with the required converter box. It will be in Friday. I have a pretty good idea how to hook it up from what I read on the install instructions from Liquid Lumen, but I looked today to see if I could determine where the wires from the prewired underwater lights terminated and I could not find or figure out where they were. I have a 2015 Supra SE 440 and IT is already prewired and has a toggle switch, but I can not figure where it is terminated. Does anyone with better electronic experience have any idea how or what I can do to figure this out, so that I can save a little money after buying these lights. The installs looks to be easy enough if I can just figure out where the switch wires are?? Thanks
    Chad
    Last edited by michael hunter; 09-27-2017 at 08:28 PM.

You are going to want to confirm the pre-wire gauge and then do some math. I have a gut feeling that the OEM wiring is not large enough for one, moreless two, LL LEDs due to their step-up voltage driver. Plan on running new cabling from the driver to the lights. Also, you will likely want the driver box close to the battery switch anyway. This would require running from the box to the helm and making an unwanted splice. Skip this, and wire direct from the boat to the lights.

The only connection from the helm to the box is the turn-on trigger.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

I pulled power directly from the switch on the dash and ran it to the box next to the amp rack. You do need to have a negative go to one of the inputs to make the box power one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk