Default The ''to do list'' for winterised

Hello everyone, I bought a Supra boat this summer and I'm really happy. It is a Comp 1990. Winter is comming here and I am looking for the right way to winterised the engine. Engine is the stock Ford 351 windsor PCM. The carb is a newer 650 Holley. I do not have the owner manual for it. So it's my first inboard boat. I want to make sure that the cold weather will not damage the engine. So if you have the right procedure to refer me I will be very happy
    1990' Comp TS6M

Send it down here to Phoenix! I'll look after it. Maybe even test it out every now and then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oil change and filter change are an excellent idea, I use motorcraft filters for my Comp. You are also going to want "RV antifreeze" with the lowest temperature rating you can find.

Ideally you are going to run the boat in the water so that the engine and trans are both up to operating temperature. As soon as I get the boat out of the water and back in the driveway, I drain the transmission fluid and refill with fresh fluid. Next I drain the old oil, spin off the old filter and install the new filter and add new oil. Then I run the boat to circulate the new oil, then fog the cylinders with fogging oil and then begin the layup process. This entails removing all the hose clamps to allow the cooling system to be pulled apart, there are a total of five plugs that also need to be removed to get as much water out of the system as possible. 2 on the block, one on each manifold and one on the "J tube" before/below the raw water pump. Also be sure to pull the impeller out of the raw water pump and set it aside in a Ziploc bag for the winter. Before you take the pump off the bracket on the block, I would take some duct tape or other type of material and draw an arrow showing the direction of rotation/flow so that you don't run the risk of installing it backwards in the spring. Then reassemble the system except leaving the hoses leading to the exhaust manifolds off as you are going to pour that RV antifreeze in there until it comes out the back of the boat. Remove the battery and set it aside, cover the boat and then cry a little inside as you are not skiing for a few months.

Hope this helps get you started.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

That's a good thorough layup that jetlink described. I would add "add stabilizer to the fuel and top off the tank" to the list. Use ethonol free fuel if possible. I like to add stabilizer to it first, then do the layup process so that the fuel used durring the process is stabilized, then do a final top off of the tank on my way to storage.
    Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz

Good add there Korey, I forget that not everybody adds fuel treatment at every fill up like I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Good add there Korey, I forget that not everybody adds fuel treatment at every fill up like I do.
    Probably because we use our boats more than 8 hours a season.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Thank's guys for your reply. Will work on that this sunday. I put 22 hours in the last month and I love that old beast. Nothing on the lake here sound like that!
    1990' Comp TS6M

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    Probably because we use our boats more than 8 hours a season.
    Everyone's a comedian these days. Even though the hours are low it has actually gone through more than a tank of gas with all those high power runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    Everyone's a comedian these days. Even though the hours are low it has actually gone through more than a tank of gas with all those high power runs.
    Well, clearly not everyone.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242