Default Used Supra SA550 thoughts

As the title says I’m looking at a used 2013 SA 550 with swell surf. It’s priced at 66k usd. Decent?

I’m looking for some real world feedback on the surf wave. How does it compare to other boats and is there better out there for the price. I believe in 2016 the SA was redesigned, how big were the changes? Worth the upgrade?

Any responses or knowledge is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a lot of SA owners on the Moomba forum, I'd ask this question over there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius22 View Post
    There's a lot of SA owners on the Moomba forum, I'd ask this question over there as well.
    Didn’t think of that. Thanks

So what’s the best 2018 Moomba for surfing? Mojo pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius22 View Post
    Hmm, I'll be taking note of this as well.

2013s did not come with surf systems. That boat is known for a good wake boarding boat. It needs a bunch of weight for surfing. That motor will handle a lot. I would find out the size of the prop.

Depending on what you are doing with it and how long you will hang onto it, it may be harder for resale b/c they changed the model in late-2015 or 2016 for the SA. Now a lot deeper. The models from 2013-2016 are pretty sporty looking. They look good running down the lake.

Most of the modern boats starting coming out with the surf system around 2015.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    2013s did not come with surf systems. That boat is known for a good wake boarding boat. It needs a bunch of weight for surfing. That motor will handle a lot. I would find out the size of the prop.

Depending on what you are doing with it and how long you will hang onto it, it may be harder for resale b/c they changed the model in late-2015 or 2016 for the SA. Now a lot deeper. The models from 2013-2016 are pretty sporty looking. They look good running down the lake.

Most of the modern boats starting coming out with the surf system around 2015.
    This one has the swell system with manual controls. From what I’ve found out on other forums, surf wave in particular there is better out there.

No worries. The Moomba forum is very active with current/new model owners for both Supra and Moomba.