Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

keithc, Mischief IV purchased his wakeshaper from me. I do ship internationally through my eBay store. Just do a search on eBay for Inland Curl and you will be able to get a shipping quote to your door!
    Inland Curl wakeshapers

Quote Originally Posted by tonysupraman View Post
    I have tried 2 suction cup models and cannot get them to attach. Anyone used one on this model boat? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I own a 20SSV and my suck gate sticks to my boat. I had to do some modifications to the suck gate first since the 20SSV has a somewhat of a curved hall in the rear.

First of all I’m using a suck gate with 4 inch diameter suction cups, I’ve tried smaller ones and they deafly don’t stay on under load.

I took the robber portions out of the handle and sanded the bottom part to the same curvature as the boat.

This was very easy to do I bought some sandpaper for a belt sander then cut it in half and taped the two ends to the side of the boat where the suck gate is going to be applied. I rubbed the bottom portion of the handle back-and-forth along the side of the boat on the sand paper making sure the plastic from the handle didn’t touch the side of the boat so it wouldn’t scratch. This created the same curve as the boat and the suction cup sticks like glue.

I also have to mount the suction cups on the spot where there was no Decal. I have a gravity games addition.

I’ve been using the same suck gate for two years now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for replying. I'll need to try
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenvey View Post
    I own a 20SSV and my suck gate sticks to my boat. I had to do some modifications to the suck gate first since the 20SSV has a somewhat of a curved hall in the rear.

First of all I’m using a suck gate with 4 inch diameter suction cups, I’ve tried smaller ones and they deafly don’t stay on under load.

I took the robber portions out of the handle and sanded the bottom part to the same curvature as the boat.

This was very easy to do I bought some sandpaper for a belt sander then cut it in half and taped the two ends to the side of the boat where the suck gate is going to be applied. I rubbed the bottom portion of the handle back-and-forth along the side of the boat on the sand paper making sure the plastic from the handle didn’t touch the side of the boat so it wouldn’t scratch. This created the same curve as the boat and the suction cup sticks like glue.

I also have to mount the suction cups on the spot where there was no Decal. I have a gravity games addition.

I’ve been using the same suck gate for two years now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by keithc View Post
    Hi there
    I found your post while searching for ideas on improving the Surf Wave on my 2012 22V Sunsport. I am based in South Africa, so not sure of any wake surf system dealers here. Would need to import so want to ensure I get the right product without having to spend a fortune
    What would you recommend?
    Thanks.
    Keith

Try Surfwedgy.com I have the same boat and it works great. They may ship ...ask

Mine still works great and I built it for less than 40 bucks. Don't buy these homemade models when you can do it yourself. Since the picture below I put the stainless model handle on it. Works much better than plastic, the suction cups have superior suction compared to the plastic versions.

-Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    Mine still works great and I built it for less than 40 bucks. Don't buy these homemade models when you can do it yourself. Since the picture below I put the stainless model handle on it. Works much better than plastic, the suction cups have superior suction compared to the plastic versions
    Depends on what an hour of your time is worth and I don’t think you could make a decent wake shaper in less than an hour in the garage.
    So for $140, that saved me time and money (you’re not including shipping costs of supplies I’m sure) as it works great and to be honest, doesn’t look as homemade as the one in the pic above.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

You can, actually. I outlined exactly how to do it.

Post #340

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...t=70442&page=9

Only thing not listed on the receipt was the handle and the plastic.

The fact that people are basically making home made suck gates (that are just rip offs of the early versions on that mastercraft website) and trying to sell it off as a finished product is hilarious to me. It literally takes an hour, a drill, a couple hand tools, and some know how.

If I was going to go out and buy one, it certainly wouldn't look like it was homemade. No offense to your product or anything, but it looks like something made in your garage.
    Last edited by Zim; 05-24-2018 at 04:20 PM.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Pot calling the kettle black if you think your actual homemade unit looks better than the one I purchased for $140 bucks.
    Again, not my product and I’m not selling anything on here but you should be more subtle and polite in how you approach your responses. You don’t need to say disparaging comments about those that don’t want to waste an hour of their time in their garage. (And yes, I could make one with my eyes closed)

Did you patent the design? Don’t know why it bothers you so much. Like no one else reads the internet and can copy a design?
    If it bothers you so bad that someone is selling them, go out and start your own wake shaper business and let us know how that works out for you.

Again, the product I purchased looks great in person but rather performs outstanding and I have no complaints for the $140 I paid for it. You don’t see it anyways once installed so point is mute on how it looks.

This is an older thread so not sure why the debate all the sudden. Guess something bothered you about Inland Curl wake-shapers.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Somebody needs to buy this:

https://www.wakemakers.com/eight3-bl...rf-shaper.html

Ha ha $399.99

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    Pot calling the kettle black if you think your actual homemade unit looks better than the one I purchased for $140 bucks.
    Again, not my product and I’m not selling anything on here but you should be more subtle and polite in how you approach your responses. You don’t need to say disparaging comments about those that don’t want to waste an hour of their time in their garage. (And yes, I could make one with my eyes closed)

Did you patent the design? Don’t know why it bothers you so much. Like no one else reads the internet and can copy a design?
    If it bothers you so bad that someone is selling them, go out and start your own wake shaper business and let us know how that works out for you.

Again, the product I purchased looks great in person but rather performs outstanding and I have no complaints for the $140 I paid for it. You don’t see it anyways once installed so point is mute on how it looks.

This is an older thread so not sure why the debate all the sudden. Guess something bothered you about Inland Curl wake-shapers.
    I'm not trying to sell mine, I fully recognize it's homemade. The difference is I didn't pay someone else for their homemade version.

If you look at Mission, theirs actually looks like a finished product. That Inland Curl thing literally has a handle that has other pieces bolted to it, and you paid someone for that! At least Mission took the time to develop a mold and make it look like a real product that's worth paying for.

As far as a patent goes, of course I didn't patent this design. I do, however, own a patent and if I was Mission (assuming they own a patent) I'd be sending cease and desist letters to every one of these knock off companies.

edit - Just checked their website, and patent is pending. Hopefully their claims are all allowed, and once they get notice that they are, I'm sure we'll see them start to defend their technology.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V