Default Has anyone patched up a fat sac?

My front center ballast sac drain hole at the thread is leaking. I was think of removing the drain plug & put patch kit .

If you heat up the section where the fitting screws into the bag, it can be removed. Those are glued in from the factory.
    Heat up the black fitting with a hair dryer. Get it nice and warm.
    Put the bag on the floor. Place one foot on the black fitting that is attached to the bag. Put other foot on the gray fitting that is coming out of the bag.
    Put pressure on the gray fitting and it will pop out. Push the fitting on an 45'angle, do not push the fitting into the bag.
    Pretty easy. I'm done it when I upgraded my boat.
    Check the bag threads. Check the fitting threads.

If you have a hole in the bag, try to look for white-water rafting repair kits.
    Some people have luck with that approach, other do not and buy new/used bags.
    New bags do not cost that much.

Mark
    2018 Supra SL400

You can patch the vinyl just like a tube or raft, but im not sure thats really the fix for you. Sounds like a lose plug or dried oring or both. If this is a used port, I dont see you wanting to cover it permanently.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

yeah if it's leaking at the threads and it's an unused fitting, just throw some plumbers tape on it, or better yet some 3M 4200 if you know you'll never use it.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Quote Originally Posted by Truckerspawn View Post
    My front center ballast sac drain hole at the thread is leaking. I was think of removing the drain plug & put patch kit .
    I have a bag that leaked at the base of the bag and the outside of the fitting which I think is your issue.
    I used some sand paper to scuff the bag.
    Packed it full of shoo goo (walmart or hardware store) all around the fitting.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"