Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 97 Comp Classic

Has anyone tried to put a older square windshield on a newer round window boat?

So even with the older dash style with the breaker switches you still think that it’s a 97? The boat on the right has the newer dash vs the one on the left has the 80’s style dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boat on the left if standing behind would have the newer dash. Just a correction.

Default Still a 1997

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerW34 View Post
    So even with the older dash style with the breaker switches you still think that it’s a 97? The boat on the right has the newer dash vs the one on the left has the 80’s style dash.
    Don't let the dash fool ya.

I know for a fact the one with the square windshield is a 1997 Comp Classic. It sat in my garage for 3 months as I cleaned up the upholstery and wired the trailer for new lights. That is my Denali in pic where I pulled it to the lake to do a shakedown with the new owner. (Jetlink's buddy)

I know for a fact the one with the round windshield was built in 1992. https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ght=comp+vinyl

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    Has anyone tried to put a older square windshield on a newer round window boat?
    If you look at the top cap design specifically around the windshield area I think you will see that it is not feasible if not impossible to pull off. Can you go out in the toy barn and do a side by side comparison for us?
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Yea just wishful thinking. The curved glass is impossible to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    Don't let the dash fool ya.

I know for a fact the one with the square windshield is a 1997 Comp Classic. It sat in my garage for 3 months as I cleaned up the upholstery and wired the trailer for new lights. That is my Denali in pic where I pulled it to the lake to do a shakedown with the new owner. (Jetlink's buddy)

I know for a fact the one with the round windshield was built in 1992. https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ght=comp+vinyl
    Huh, well learned something new. Good to know if I ever buy another one! That’s what these forums are for!

I’ll take a stab at this pop quiz. Could it be...1. The navigation light ports? 2. The obvious “COMP CLASSIC” sticker on the stern? (someone with skill could fake this) 3. The color of the ski platform? (Again see see No. 2 above). All of the above?

I need answers, I have an aversion to bombs and round windshields!

Quote Originally Posted by NoWake View Post
    I’ll take a stab at this pop quiz. Could it be...1. The navigation light ports? 2. The obvious “COMP CLASSIC” sticker on the stern? (someone with skill could fake this) 3. The color of the ski platform? (Again see see No. 2 above). All of the above?

If you look at the five pictures of the blue Comp that is supposedly for sale, all the vinyl and markings are there of a '97 Comp classic with the square windshield and all composite stringers. Either it is legit or someone put forth some serious effort to make it look like a '97 all composite square windshield Comp. A picture of the hull identification tag on the stern would seal the deal and end the debate but I am going to place money on Daniel and me being correct here.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by NoWake View Post

Last edited by Mischief IV; 12-08-2020 at 01:41 AM.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242