Default oil pan replacement - 454...stock or ??

Question regarding a replacement oil pan for a BBC 454 w/ 2-Piece Rear Main Seal.

The boat will do a fair amount of surf duty when back in the water so assuming the boat is leaning a fair amount, I'm interested in opinions on going back stock, or something after market which might be a better fit given how the boat will be used now vs how it was originally intended.

Any thoughts?

What model boat? If you use a suck gate you don't need to lean the boat.

Saltare...I've decided I was probably overthinking it an just went a standard pan.

That's what I would do. Since the stock oil pick up is aft, it's as good as it gets.

The replacement oil pan came in but doesn't have the near the capacity of the original PCM pan. Looks like 4qts vs 7-8qts.

So...I've decided to try and fix the old pan instead. The issue with the pan is that the engine snapped a connecting arm that beat the crap out of the pan puncturing it in 4-5 spots. I've started beating it back into shape and grinding it out to prep for fixing the holes.

personally I'd just replace it. ebasicpower has a bunch of 7-8 quart pans listed for 454, though they are pricey "marine" pans. Measure your pan and compare, cheaper high capacity options on Summit. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/s...make/chevrolet Nothing wrong with fixing yours though if you decide it's worth the effort.