Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Red face 2018 Southern Supra Reunion.

Day three in the books.

8:30 am wake up and then multiple texts to confirm others are recovered from the previous day and ready for the first slalom session of the reunion.
    Took out Gogger’s 24SSV and the awesome sounding ‘91 Sunsport belonging to InAir.
    Jetlink and RLove30188 got some better slalom runs in before I stunk it up.
    Gogger and MJHKnox looking suave on the wakeboard for sure.
    After good photo op, headed back to house to grab breakfast.

Highlight of the day came when SouthernGrounds taught his kids how to wakeboard behind his new ‘06 21V. The kids captured the attention of many attendees and neighbors watching on the docks.

Sometime around noon, we headed north and rafted up in a beautiful cove.
    Little by little the boats trickled in and we had a great afternoon with brisk wind and good cloud cover that kept it a very comfortable temperature.
    Had to take Jetlink and Mrs. Jetlink out for a surf session before they journeyed back to Chicago. Mrs. Jetlink was a first timer on a surfboard and she did very well, getting up easily. Even Mrs. Mischief IV got in on the action and decided to surf a few times.

After a brief farewell to the Jetlinks, Gogger was headed out for a sunset surf session with MJHKnox and Southerngrounds so I decided to hop on under the guise of being the photographer.
    Great way to end the day as we rolled back in near dark.
    Tons of pics so far along with tons of fun. Stay tuned.

Still looking for Pirata86. lol

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Default 2018 Southern Supra Reunion

Day four in the books.

No better way to start the day than another slalom session behind a beautiful Comp.
    NoWake and his better half made the trip down from TN pulling along their beloved 1991 Comp with only 744 original hours.
    The glass water was perfect for the incredible exhibition of slalom and barefoot skiing they put on for us amateurs.
    RLove30188 got in on the action followed by yours truly who decided to stink it up again.
    InAir did a great job running his boat parallel to the Comp allowing us to get some great action shots.

By noon we had returned back to base camp hoping to dodge the impending rain. Unfortunately, the rain came and soaked quite a few boats for a few hours with while we waited it out eating snacks on the porch.
    By 3:30pm the sun came out and the skies cleared. Without hesitation, it was time to load the boats and head out to surf.

Bssteven0 came over to the dark side to try out the 242’s wake.
    We enjoyed watching him shred the wave with incredible 360s.
    InAir and his lovely wife got in on the surf action as
    we ended another great Supra day with a picturesque sunset over Lake Nottely.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Day five in the books.

I called for a nine am surf session. Bssteven0 was heading back to Panama City and needed to unload some fuel to lighten the load. What a better way to do it than load up the SE with even more ballast and people. I believe we were in the range of 5500 lbs of ballast if my calculations were correct.
    Quite the wave and quite the fun time for myself, Gogger, MJHKnox, Inair and Loadup (second day trip) until it was time to say goodbye to Bssteven0.

InAir was the next to say goodbye and then it was down to three boats remaining.
    All three loaded up for another PM surf and wakeboard session followed by a raft up with the remaining 15 participants.

The evening concluded with a surprise birthday party for Mrs Gogger.

Pirata86 has been found.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

We had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone. Tammy took my advice and threw out the tent and air mattress so we are officially DONE with camping. Our traditional vacation luck caught up with us on the way home when the center band on one of my tires failed causing it to swell up until it rubbed the fender. Fortunately for us there are good people out there who gave us a safe place to park her for the night until we could locate the tires and make minor repairs. The family is not complaining about the hotel though.. we truly are the real life Chevy Chase Vacation movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bssteven0 View Post
    We had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone. Tammy took my advice and threw out the tent and air mattress so we are officially DONE with camping. Our traditional vacation luck caught up with us on the way home when the center band on one of my tires failed causing it to swell up until it rubbed the fender. Fortunately for us there are good people out there who gave us a safe place to park her for the night until we could locate the tires and make minor repairs. The family is not complaining about the hotel though.. we truly are the real life Chevy Chase Vacation movie.
    “THIS IS NO LONGER A VACATION. IT’S A QUEST. IT’S A QUEST FOR FUN. YOU’RE GONNA HAVE FUN, AND I’M GONNA HAVE FUN… WE’RE ALL GONNA HAVE SO MUCH F***ING FUN WE’RE GONNA NEED PLASTIC SURGERY TO REMOVE OUR GODDAMN SMILES!”
    - Clark Griswald

I had fun with you guys. I know you’ve had quite the adventure but can’t thank you enough for driving the long distance and allowing us “standard” people to ride in that gorgeous boat of yours.
    It was a pleasure meeting you all and hope we can meet up again. Safe journey!

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Lol, that pretty much sums it up... made it home safely and had fun so nothing else matters.

Day six in the books.

Got to sleep in a bit. With all our house guests gone and feeling the aches and pains of the past few day’s activities, it was nice to have the morning off.

After a great breakfast and the weather looking perfect, we gassed up the boats and headed out for Wakeboard Wednesday. Gogger eventually made his way over to dark side and wakeboarded behind the 242. Of course, I had to give it a go just to remember what falling on your face feels like.

Gogger still has a full house so later on another raft up was called for with the 4 remaining boats. [Pirata86 maybe the most elusive attendee ever ]
    To have 15 people still in attendance on day six is a reunion record.

We added an additional 500 lbs of lead ballast to the 242 and went out and had an incredible late evening surf run on glass water. MJHKnox really knows how to set up a surf boat and after a few minor adjustments, had it dialed in perfectly.
    Mrs Mischief IV finished up another awesome day of surfing, bringing us home in style tearing it up on her board.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242