Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalPR View Post
    X2. Unless youre running 8 people in the boat with those bags, weight up!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    You think I should be running 3400 lbs?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hi welcome to the forum. Just thought I’d add my 2cents. I have a 91 sunsport as well and just started surfing it late last summer.
    The best results I got was shaper, 1 650 on each side of the dog house, 450 in the ski locker, 350 on the back seat of the surf side, and 675 in the play pen. That’s with just me and the wife and it’s kind of a pain to get around in the boat with that much but the wave is wonderful. With the 675 in the bow the swim platform just barley touches the water, so doesn’t affect the wave. I’d post a vid but photo bucket hates me today.
    Cheers
    1991 SunSport

Photobucket hates everybody everyday. Try Imgur.

Quote Originally Posted by inair View Post
    Hi welcome to the forum. Just thought I’d add my 2cents. I have a 91 sunsport as well and just started surfing it late last summer.
    The best results I got was shaper, 1 650 on each side of the dog house, 450 in the ski locker, 350 on the back seat of the surf side, and 675 in the play pen. That’s with just me and the wife and it’s kind of a pain to get around in the boat with that much but the wave is wonderful. With the 675 in the bow the swim platform just barley touches the water, so doesn’t affect the wave. I’d post a vid but photo bucket hates me today.
    Cheers
    Thanks man. Typically when I am running the lake I have about 3 to 4 people with me at all times. So I'm thinking I should be able to drop the 350 on the back seat?

Yes, I would start with that and experiment. It’s not an exact science so just go out and play with it. Keep us posted on how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1991 SunSport

i will echo what trayson says. i run around 1200 on the surf side and an 800 almost full on the non-surf side, and 650 in the front. i built my own surfgate a couple seasons ago and trimmed my platform similar to what trayson did above. puts out a great wave for an old boat.

you will want to look at a new prop for sure if you're going to run a lot of weight. i would recommend an acme 913 (10.5" pitch) if you have a left-hand rotation engine, or a 912 if you have a right-hand rotation.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Quote Originally Posted by jtryon View Post
    i will echo what trayson says. i run around 1200 on the surf side and an 800 almost full on the non-surf side, and 650 in the front. i built my own surfgate a couple seasons ago and trimmed my platform similar to what trayson did above. puts out a great wave for an old boat.

you will want to look at a new prop for sure if you're going to run a lot of weight. i would recommend an acme 913 (10.5" pitch) if you have a left-hand rotation engine, or a 912 if you have a right-hand rotation.
    Are you running a 4 blade or a 3?

i have the 3 blade, the acme 913. once in a great while i wish i got the 9" pitch that IIRC OJ Props offered a few years ago, but not sure if they still do. 99% of the time the 913 is perfect, but if you always have a full boat of people and want to run heavy ballast on top of that you might want to consider the 9" pitch. definitely consider it if you want to run heavy weight and a full boat while wakeboarding, as the time it will take to get up to wakeboard speed would be much faster with the lower-pitched prop.

with the 913 i still have a top speed of 35-36, not that i ever go that fast. if you have a need for speed, stick with the 10.5" pitch.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    Photobucket hates everybody everyday. Try Imgur.
    imgur for the win!!!