Default Surfgate Placement

Hey Everyone,

I have a 2001 Launch SSV and made a homemade suction cup surf gate. Where would be the best place to put it on? Im thinking as far back and as low as possible, but not totally sure. Also, with this on, do I still need to fill only one rear sack?
    Last edited by klishchynsky; 06-05-2017 at 07:26 PM.

You will want to fill all the ballast and then you might have to just move the gate to were you get the best wave.
    1987 Supra Saltare
    PCM 454

I have messed with it and it seems the lower the better. I still fill the surf side with more ballast.

About the only spot I found it suction to was around the Wave on the bottom. Closer to stern and there is the lip that keeps it from getting suction.
    Fill the surf side, about 70-80% non-surf.

I ran a rope up to the cleat which kept me from losing it when it popped off.
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

The wave looks cool, but interferes with the suck gate sticking. I have a new suck gate I need to play with. On land, the wave is also a problem. BTW, I was planning to tie the gate onto a life jacket rather than the cleat. Worried about it bouncing in the water and smacking the boat, but maybe that is an unfounded worry.
    Last edited by scottschmitt; 06-07-2017 at 05:11 PM.

I was referring to the part in yellow. Where the black meets the white is a lip, and any further back the curve of the stern starts to come into play. I have to place mine below or slightly in front of the wave logo.
    I feel it sticks better when mounted in the water, but I have to pump the clamp a few times to make sure it gets all of the air out and is solid.
    Capture.JPG
    2004 Supra Launch 22 SSV
    5.7L Indmar Assault
    "One More Hour"

If I were to remove the wave logo and put it right there would that work? Or does it need to be further down?

I have the same boat. I have been playing with the placement. I removed the wave and have mounted the gate as far back on the black as I could go. I found the wave is bigger, but you done get as much curl. I tried it as far for word on the black i could go, and the wave still has size but you get the curl and looks longer. I havent been able to surf it yet but it looks good. The yellow area you have highlighted may be too deep when you have full ballast
    Last edited by connermoto; 06-19-2017 at 11:14 PM.

I removed the the last three decals of the wave also. The surf gate I got has the suction cups to big to fit below it on white trim. After removal of decals it fits great. Now it's just a matter of playing around with it and seeing what works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default O2 Launch SSV wave shaper placement

I have an 02 Launch SSV. I am about to order a wave shaper and unsure if it will fit on the smaller white part of the hull. Has anyone had luck placing it where the waves are?