Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 91' Supra Sunsport Wakesurfing

Hello y'all I bought a Sunsport this past summer and am looking to do some ballast bags. I was wondering what would be the go around for bags, weight, boards, and wake shapers. so far I am looking at Straight Line Big Bag 540 tubes x2 and 375 Big Bag Tube, 2018 Connelly Bentley Wakesurf Board(Size: 4'9'') and a Mission Delta Universal Wakesurf. Just curious on what you guys think and what you have had good look with. Thanks
    Last edited by mback28; 01-12-2018 at 07:26 AM.

Any of the suck gates will get you what you need.

If you really want a decent wave, more weight is always better. Put 750's on either side of the engine doghouse. a 380 tube sack fits nicely under the seats if you get rid of the dividers. You could also put another tube sack in the rear trunk, but I usually used that for storage. You could put a small bag in the middle cooler if you wanted also.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Any of the suck gates will get you what you need.

If you really want a decent wave, more weight is always better. Put 750's on either side of the engine doghouse. a 380 tube sack fits nicely under the seats if you get rid of the dividers. You could also put another tube sack in the rear trunk, but I usually used that for storage. You could put a small bag in the middle cooler if you wanted also.
    So would you do double 750s or a single 750?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mback28 View Post
    So would you do double 750s or a single 750?

Double for sure. on my 92 sunsport, I'd typically run close to 2k ballast. Like I said, it's all about displacement. You need that weight for push.

It also helped a great deal for me to make my own custom surf platform that didn't dig into the surf wave...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

Double for sure. on my 92 sunsport, I'd typically run close to 2k ballast. Like I said, it's all about displacement. You need that weight for push.

It also helped a great deal for me to make my own custom surf platform that didn't dig into the surf wave...
    Okay. What style platform did you have. Because on my 91' it's super small. Skinnier than the boat and only 2 feet long

Okay. What style platform did you have. Because on my 91' it's super small. Skinnier than the boat and only 2 feet long

OEM platform is on the bottom, custom one is on the top.

OEM platform is on the bottom, custom one is on the top.
    What is that made of?

What is that made of?

That was a prototype made of wood, coated with underliner. However, I've since made a different one for my current boat from HDPE with hydroturf glued to the top. HDPE is easy to work with. Most people have used 3/4" to 1" HDPE.

That was a prototype made of wood, coated with underliner. However, I've since made a different one for my current boat from HDPE with hydroturf glued to the top. HDPE is easy to work with. Most people have used 3/4" to 1" HDPE.
    Thanks for all your help man!

X2. Unless youre running 8 people in the boat with those bags, weight up!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk