Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If you want to see what other manufacturers and/ or dealers are discounting, here ya go!

and finally...

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Wow, thank you! Huge help! Interesting that the other manufacturers are around 22% off and Supra is only 17.5%. My research across multiple forums states that 15% off is not a great deal, 20% is a good deal, and 25% off is a great deal, with dealer cost usually around 30-35% off. Interested if you all would agree.

Mischief IV, 100% agree on buying a boat ~3 years old for boats and cars. It has served me well. That said, the SL is a HOT boat, for the reasons you noted and more. IF it delivers as advertised, it could be a G23 killer (which was my original pursuit). For me mainly because you can forget skiing with a G23 and price. Very interested to see if autowake 2 actually does what they say it will. I’m coming from a 2010 MC and it seems anything I’d want to upgrade to would be minimum 90K. Surfing is exploding and the surf systems keep getting more refined and better. I feel like the boats are in a transition period and the SL appears to be a pretty big leap on tech. The local Supra dealer told me he’s seeing a $1500 drop in price per year (which I don’t believe), the local Malibu dealer stated about $3K per year depreciation which I think is more realistic. If I can hit 22-25% off on the SL personally I’d think it’s worth it. Not as good of a deal as buying used, but I want to be one and done on this next boat and keep it for a long time (at least that’s the plan for now).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, for those interested, I’ve spent the last 9 months doing exhaustive research and have test driven the G23, GS22, 23LSV, 22VLX (diamond hull) SA450, and tige RZX2. I got the testing down to a science and focused on the following: wakes (all 3), ride (chop, bow rise, handling, etc), helm, and cabin amenities. The net for my needs was that the GS22 IMO was the best crossover and the G23 the best wale boat. The SA had my attention though. Then the SL came out. Crazy that I’d consider buying it without testing, but based on some really positive early reviews and my experience on a 17 SA, its a possibility.

Well, good luck in the search. Sounds like you've been doing your homework and will make the correct decision for you. They were close to 50 point margins way back in the day. Not sure what they are now. I think if you can get them 25%, then do it. I have a 35 year old Supra so I believe I'm in for the long haul with the 242 as well and very happy with the wake vs. price factor. I thought about a Malibu for a spell, but then came to my senses.

Again, if I had it to spend, I would probably pull the trigger for a new SL. They kept some things traditional on it and the lines are smooth, much better than the Optimus Prime Mastercrafts. I would probably get it without the metal flake. I think the auto wake will be great if you have to surf with lots of choppy water. Looking forward to seeing some on the lake maybe one day. Looks bigger than my 24 footer and an appropriate size for most garages. Keep us posted.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Will do for sure. I’ll know this spring if I’m pulling the trigger or not. Agree on the MCs, and that’s coming from an MC fan boy. I just don’t like the direction they are going and the innovation IMO has not kept up with the other manufacturers in the last 3 years. I think Supra has been making big strides. Btw, if I buy, it will have blue metal flake . I’ve always wanted that.