Well I am the one with the 06 24ssv. I have had constant issues with the stockvballast system. Primarily with the sprinkler valve system for filling. I bought the boat 5 years ago. And within a month I was replacing those valves. Last summer I replaced them again. The valves direct the fill water to which bag your trying to fill. It was a constant battle keeping them working. I never worried about the fill time until I saw how quickly the upgraded system will fill a bag. Then I realized how slow mine was.

I also had many problems with the drain pumps. Replaced them twice since I have had it. Half the time I would pull the hoses off my sacks and drain then into the bilge. Also one year I had a pump break where they snap together and when I would fill that sack the water would just pump into the bilge.

If you plan on surfing you definitely want to upgrade the rear sacks to the eleven hundred pound bags. They make all the difference in creating a surf wave.

This year I have purchased the upgraded pumps from wakemakers. I have not installed them yet but plan on getting started soon. But there are three huge pumps, one for each sack. And each pump will have its own intake. The same pump also drains the sack. So it will be much faster. I am looking forward to the season with this new system. I look forward to quickly switching from wakeboarding to surfing when we want. And to making adjustments to the wake when wakeboarding and the boat people aren’t sitting in the right spots. Will be able to quickly add water to one side or the other to even it out.

So if you have the money to spend and want to get it out of the way I would just go ahead and get the bigger sacks and upgraded pumps. That way you won’t be fighting it all summer.

I do love my 24ssv. It’s a great boat. Mischief’s motor performs well. I have the 8.1 in mine. It does a great job as well. You will love the boat.