Default boat repair guy stole boat, i have all of the new upholstery and surf equip to sell

REDO your boat and surf- I have all of the parts to do it...go to CL to see pics and a list
    https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bpo...519731235.html
    don't know where to begin, but I was having the stringers redone and I had all of the upholstery removed from my 86 Sunsport and redone and put it in my garage and I bought ballast bags and all of the hardware to install it and I have a brand new in box speed controller I will start posting pictures if anyone wants good deals on stuff for a rebuild on their vintage sunsport. I am sick about it, but I am also out about $8000 so I would like to recoup any of it I can. oh and a new stereo, wakeboard tower... it was GOING to be a great boat. I am in norcal if you are interested I can email you.

SO, I have a Hydrophase "Ridesteady" system in box (same as perfect pass, I paid $1200)

I have all of the boat upholstery front and back in my garage redone in white/blue/black (paid $5000)

I have a new in box Origin Challenger Wakeboard Tower + Flat Tower Bimini ( only black tower available) 1pcs $999.0000
    Origin OWT-MAI mirror arm polished 1pcs $39.0000
    Origin OWT-SPKI Wakeboard Speaker 1pcs $139.0000
    Shipping cost:$0
    Total:$1177.000

also have WAKMakers order:
    FLY HIGH 1" FLOW RITE QUICK RELEASE CONNECT W743
    Item #: 33043
    Quantity: 3
    WAKEMAKERS FLOW RITE 1" & 1-1/8" BARBED ELBOW QUICK RELEASE CONNECTOR W746
    Item #: 33046
    WAKEMAKERS HOSE BARB WYE FITTING
    Item #: 32007-100
    Quantity: 1

Size
    1"
    INLINE CHECK VALVE FITTING
    Item #: 32003-340

Size
    3/4"
    FLY HIGH PRO X SERIES TUBE SAC (370 LBS)
    Item #: 11004-gry
    Quantity: 2

Color
    Gray
    FLOW RITE 3/4" ELBOW QUICK RELEASE CONNECTOR W742
    Item #: 33042
    FLY HIGH 3/4" FLOW RITE QUICK RELEASE CONNECT W736
    Item #: 33036

any or all, pickup and cash only (obviously lol)
    thanxs
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Littlemrnofear; 03-05-2018 at 05:29 PM.

So what happen to the boat the guy doing the stringers stole it?

How much you want for the Ridesteady? I’ll PM you as well for an answer.

Please finish the story...like to hear what happened to your boat.

The guy who re-did my boat was a scam artist. He didn’t steal my boat but he tore my heart out. His name is Donny Bennett. Lives in Maryville, TN. Biggest liar I’ve ever met. Feel some of your pain.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Mischief, sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Donny Bennett. About five years ago I was researching stringer replacement and he was highly recommended by many on this forum. I went with him and had an excellent experience and was very pleased. I understand he's been out of the business for a couple years due to health issues, but too bad he left you with a negative impression.

Quote Originally Posted by dkelly4819 View Post
    Mischief, sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Donny Bennett. About five years ago I was researching stringer replacement and he was highly recommended by many on this forum. I went with him and had an excellent experience and was very pleased. I understand he's been out of the business for a couple years due to health issues, but too bad he left you with a negative impression.
    I probably recommended you to Donny. He came highly recommended to me back in 2002. (I was on this forum long ago but under another name)
    I spent a lot of money with him and recommended him to at least 15 other forum members as well. I apologize for that.

I will go further into detail when I do a thread on my boat but basically you might want to check the pictures he sent you.
    Do you have one of the hull completely empty showing no stringers?
    If not, you may want to check your outside stringers if you can see them. (Hint: He did not replace them)

Here's the kicker....you like me, probably paid for Douglas Fir but I got only one main stringer that is Fir, the other is just white pine. So as I said previously, he is a scam artist. By definition that is theft by deception and the negative impression you speak of is more like a large dent on the side of my skull.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242