Default Used 2007 Supra 24 WT

We have decided as a family that it is time to upgrade. We have had a 19' fish & ski since 1999. we are a family of 4, our kids are 12 & 16, and we just do not fit in the boat anymore. Plus as the kids are getting older they are also wanting to always bring friends. Time is getting short as my daughter will be off to college in a few years so my time with her now is of the utmost importance.

We have been looking for about 4 months and are a bit overwhelmed with the brands,options, sizes, etc, etc, etc...... We are willing to consider almost anything. PROBLEM is that we will be spending a lot of money and do not want to deal with problems....used boat-crap shoot-I know. But I still want to put the odds in my favor.

So far my wife like the Malibu, head and shoulders above anything else. But once we went to the boat show she realized most major brands are equally nice.

I found a 2007 Sunsport 24v that looks to be in good condition, inside and out. I usually find you can tell a lot by about a person by the way they maintain their stuff-especially the interior. The inside and out are 8-9 out of 10.

Going from 19' to 23' will offer us plenty of seating. But how is storage on these? lifejackets, inflatables, (racks for boards are there), coolers, food, towels, etc, etc.... T

The boat has ballast tanks.

What are other things that I must check out? worry about? ask about? especially things directly related to this model and or year?

any other shopping advice would definitely be welcomed!!!

Thank you,

Mike
    Union, MO

What is your price range?
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    What is your price range?
    I think we are trying to keep it a $35k or less, however for the right boat we might consider more.

I was close to a Malibu 23LVS for $33 but the distance between me and seller kept us from hooking up quickly and he had an offer come in and had to take it.

Also looking at a Tige 24ve.

In the Supra lines, you have the 22 or 24 in that range. Both are great hulls and throw good surf wakes or board wakes.
    There are MANY owners that buy the 2006 to 2009 model years and continue to buy the next new model Supra boat.

For the motors, most will have the 350 motors with 325hp/340hp. There are a few around with the big block 8.1 motors.
    The small block motors work fine. If you are running a bunch of weight, a prop change also helps.
    No issues here. If you are looking at any used boat on any model, I would advise a compression check.

As for ballast and bags, if they have the original setup, it will need to be replaced with bigger ballast bags. Originally they came with the system called GravityGames. Most people are upgrading those models to 1100s in the rear.

Back in 2006-7-8, the Supra boats used a different pumps vs the newer boats. I think they changed in 2009 to start using reversible pumps. If they have the older pump system, they will be slow to fill/drain.

For a good surf wake, If you buy one if these "suck-gates" that attaches to the side of the boat, you will be a great surf wave.
    For wake boarding, we usually just weight the front and middle bags. You will be fine.

The fit and finish of the interiors are nice. The 24 will give you more room for not that much more of a price. There is enough storage on either, but you will find out when buying one, you can never have enough storage.

Find out if the Stereo has been upgraded. Tech has come a LONG way in that area.
    2018 Supra SL400

Mjh covered everything pretty well. I bought a 2006 24ssv a few years ago and love the boat. There is plenty of room for lots of friends. It throws a good Wake with no ballast bags filled.

If you plan on surfing you will want to upgrade to the 1100 pound rear bags. I have had problems with my ballast system from the beginning. Nothing that can’t be fixed easily. But can be annoying while your on the water and trying to make adjustments.

Also check the perfect pass speed control system. Working properly it makes all the difference when boarding. I didn’t like my interactions with perfect pass so I switched to a ride steady system. Very happy with its performance.

If you do get the Supra we will be around to help when you do run into problems.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Quote Originally Posted by gogger View Post
    Also check the perfect pass speed control system. Working properly it makes all the difference when boarding. I didn’t like my interactions with perfect pass so I switched to a ride steady system. Very happy with its performance.

If you do get the Supra we will be around to help when you do run into problems.
    Good call on the Perfect Pass. I'm assuming you will take a test ride and test-out all the helm systems - pumps, lights, wake-tab, etc.

When I bought my 2007 the rear ballast bags would fill, but would not empty. I knew the solution was to replace the Rule drain pumps on the back of the bags. I used that to negotiate with the seller. The seller knew is was broken, did not know the cost to fix and did not want to mess around fixing it, but wanted the boat gone. I knew if I bought the boat the first thing I was replacing was the ballast bags and switching to reversible pumps. So it was all getting ripped out for new/modern parts.

There is a lot of help on here and on the Moomba Forum. SC boats systems are similar.
    2018 Supra SL400

Boat is a long way away from me in MN. Everything is frozen over so I am just getting questions and things to look for in my mind.
    I am also looking at a 24' Tige'. The for sale boats are strting to increase....

The Tige's before 2010 were not very good they have upped their game since. Remember to check the resale some brands sell better than others a good deal now may be hard to sell later. If the boat is out of state ask a local member to check it out before you drive long distance . Pics can hide a lot of issues and make a bad boat look great.