Default installing a wake tower Easy or no??

Looking at putting a waketower on our 87 Supra sunsport. had the stringers rebuilt last year and now looking to continue to improve the boat. like the look of the krypt towers but i am open to any ideas on the best price/brand or use tower. Just curious as to how easy (if it is) to install a tower or if its worth it just to send it out to be done. any pics and info is amazing.

I put one on my 89 Sunsport about 10 years ago . It took 3 days with all the extra blocking and bracing I did under the gunnels. I must have done something right because there are no stress cracks where the tower mounts. I went with a New Dimensions they were the OEM builders for the early Supra / Moombas.

I've seen boats with cracks when the tower does not have enough support underneath. Looks like a tough area to get to.
    2018 Supra SL400

Yes not an easy install . You have to remove the gunnel pads and put access holes in the inner side walls to get access to the under deck . I used 3/4 marine plywood as big as would fit . I covered the plywood in fiberglass then epoxied them to the under side where the tower mounts. Do your homework and take your time and you will get a good job. I like the tower Titan Tn has on his Saltare.

Quote Originally Posted by jbousman88 View Post
    Looking at putting a waketower on our 87 Supra sunsport. had the stringers rebuilt last year and now looking to continue to improve the boat. like the look of the krypt towers but i am open to any ideas on the best price/brand or use tower. Just curious as to how easy (if it is) to install a tower or if its worth it just to send it out to be done. any pics and info is amazing.
    When you did the stringers did they do a cap off restoration? Would have been the time to put blocks underneath top cap.

As Mr. Hunter points out, the difficulty is gaining access and can be very time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    Yes not an easy install . You have to remove the gunnel pads and put access holes in the inner side walls to get access to the under deck . I used 3/4 marine plywood as big as would fit . I covered the plywood in fiberglass then epoxied them to the under side where the tower mounts. Do your homework and take your time and you will get a good job. I like the tower Titan Tn has on his Saltare.
    Here is a pic of TitanTN's tower. I agree in that it looks good for an aftermarket piece. I like it as well. He may want to chime in but if I recall, he paid a professional to do the installation and then ended up re-doing the job correctly himself as it turned out they weren't so professional. (My life story it seems! )

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242