Threaded View

Default Will be selling Supra this spring. Suggestions?

Hi folks. Yes I’m new here, many reasons behind why I haven’t been here before. Most notably, I bought my 98 Legacy when the “internet” and forums were just starting. Anyway, life being what it is, my interests have changed and I’ve moved on. My issue is my Supra, which has been in my heated basement, on its trailer on blocks for more than six years. It’s about time I changed that.

So I’ve decided to sell it, but really don’t know how to begin other than pull it out of the garage, do a bit of cleaning and start the engine (after an oil change). Suggestions welcome. It’s never been stored “in the water”. I’m on a lake so back in the day in the summer it was on my lift (runabout on the lift now) which is in my covered dock. As the weather turned from skiing I’d put it back on its trailer in my basement. It has a 350 Inmar with a Holley. Hours I think are less than 400 (will have to look). Battery has been out of it so I’ll have to remedy that as well. So, is there anything I should do to the motor before cranking it? It had a new plugs, wires, cap, etc. the last season I used it and since it’s been in the basement I’m thinking that ought to be all good. Still has the origina Supra cover....

After I run it a bit, how about how to sell it? I let the registration (both boat and trailer) expire, so I don’t want to put in back in the dock, but I could trailer it I suppose for a test ride. We used the boat for skiing and my son to wakeboard with back then. As such, it has a pole that goes over the pylon as well as two portable bladder tanks that can be filled while on the floor. I’ve got slaloms, vests, an air chair, anchor and that kind of stuff as well (does me no good at this age). I realize the classifieds on this forum are available as well as Boat Trader. Anything better or preferred? Is a boat broker worth it?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    Last edited by Supra98NC; 02-20-2018 at 10:42 AM.