Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Will be selling Supra this spring. Suggestions?

Hi folks. Yes I’m new here, many reasons behind why I haven’t been here before. Most notably, I bought my 98 Legacy when the “internet” and forums were just starting. Anyway, life being what it is, my interests have changed and I’ve moved on. My issue is my Supra, which has been in my heated basement, on its trailer on blocks for more than six years. It’s about time I changed that.

So I’ve decided to sell it, but really don’t know how to begin other than pull it out of the garage, do a bit of cleaning and start the engine (after an oil change). Suggestions welcome. It’s never been stored “in the water”. I’m on a lake so back in the day in the summer it was on my lift (runabout on the lift now) which is in my covered dock. As the weather turned from skiing I’d put it back on its trailer in my basement. It has a 350 Inmar with a Holley. Hours I think are less than 400 (will have to look). Battery has been out of it so I’ll have to remedy that as well. So, is there anything I should do to the motor before cranking it? It had a new plugs, wires, cap, etc. the last season I used it and since it’s been in the basement I’m thinking that ought to be all good. Still has the origina Supra cover....

After I run it a bit, how about how to sell it? I let the registration (both boat and trailer) expire, so I don’t want to put in back in the dock, but I could trailer it I suppose for a test ride. We used the boat for skiing and my son to wakeboard with back then. As such, it has a pole that goes over the pylon as well as two portable bladder tanks that can be filled while on the floor. I’ve got slaloms, vests, an air chair, anchor and that kind of stuff as well (does me no good at this age). I realize the classifieds on this forum are available as well as Boat Trader. Anything better or preferred? Is a boat broker worth it?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
    Last edited by Supra98NC; 02-20-2018 at 10:42 AM.

I've bought four inboards and sold three inboards. All four of my purchases were found on Craigslist. For the boat sales, two of them sold from Craigslist and the third sold via onlyinboards.com

I'd probably do a combo of craigslist, onlyinboards, ski-it-again and I'm sure it will go if it's priced right.

I might be interested how about some pics and a location. Are you sure its carbureted? How much do you want for it?

PM sent to SupraNC98

Craigslist and onlyinboards. Personally I've bought every vehicle I've ever owned either through newspaper ads or craigslist. Newspaper classifieds are a thing of the past though.

Like others said, CraigsList and Only Inboards. I just sold my Saltare last night and the buyer found me through CraigsList. You definitely end up with a lot of tire kickers via any free internet ads.

Facebook for sale groups are highly active, but since you;re self admittedly "older" ("at this age", etc"), that may be unattractive to you. Facebook groups like "Ski and Wake Boat Liquidator" and "Wakeboats for Sale" got me a lot of attention, but no buyers that showed up to my house.
    Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    I just sold my Saltare last night and the buyer found me through CraigsList.
    You sold it?

Do you have a replacement in mind?

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    You sold it?

Do you have a replacement in mind?
    I've got a 2018 Moomba Craz on order! Spray Date April 23! To avoid messing this thread up, I posted here:
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....450#post321450
    Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    I've got a 2018 Moomba Craz on order! Spray Date April 23!
    I see you ventured over to the dark side, huh? Bring it down to the Southern Supra Reunion this summer. We’re a forgiving bunch.

Congrats!

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Holley dual feed, yeah, I’m sure. Have replaced the accel valve/diaphragm previously. Probably a 650 cfm, motor is 320 HP I think. We Special ordered boat at time, one of the things I didn’t want was marinized fuel injection at the time.

I have to wait for the weather to dry up a bit, as I use a tractor to pull the trailer out of the garage. My yard has a pretty steep hill and it’s too tight for my F150 to navigate. Once the yard dries up, I plan to get it out, dust off the cover and take some pics. I’ll post when I do. Probably be a few weeks (gotta borrow my neighbors Kubota).
    Last edited by Supra98NC; 02-21-2018 at 08:27 PM.