Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thank you. Have not heard of the last two. Craigslist always seemed to bring in weirdos, guess I’ll just need to deal with them if I want to sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    Like others said, CraigsList and Only Inboards. I just sold my Saltare last night and the buyer found me through CraigsList. You definitely end up with a lot of tire kickers via any free internet ads.

Facebook for sale groups are highly active, but since you;re self admittedly "older" ("at this age", etc"), that may be unattractive to you. Facebook groups like "Ski and Wake Boat Liquidator" and "Wakeboats for Sale" got me a lot of attention, but no buyers that showed up to my house.
    Thanks. I’m on f/b and will look those up.

How about you start by posting it here . This is where the true Supra fans are.

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    I would agree.

Most of the newer Supra Boat owners are over on the Moomba site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    I thought I would, that’s why I joined. As I’ve written, it’ll be a few weeks. As posted, I’m interested in what precautions I should take before cranking the engine in the driveway. I have a water supply, but it hasn’t been turned over I like six years.

Not sure how to accomplish this on a carbed boat, but on my Sunsport that had EFI, I would pull the plug to the fuel pump and crank the boat for 5-10 seconds. This was done in hopes of getting oil moving around before it fired up for the first time after winterization. Not sure if it actually helped anything, just something I did.

Remove the spark plugs first. Put a breaker bar on the main flywheel bolt to make sure the pistons aren't locked up.

Would be best to pull the distributor and use a drill to spin the oil pump. Then use the starter to spin the engine. Some may skip pulling the distributor and go straight to using the starter. If you do, pull the wire from the coil to the distributor first so it can't fire up.

Reinstall plugs & distributor/wire.

What's the situation with the gas? Hopefully not 6 years old. Not a good idea to run that through the carb.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty87 View Post
    Remove the spark plugs first. Put a breaker bar on the main flywheel bolt to make sure the pistons aren't locked up.

Would be best to pull the distributor and use a drill to spin the oil pump. Then use the starter to spin the engine. Some may skip pulling the distributor and go straight to using the starter. If you do, pull the wire from the coil to the distributor first so it can't fire up.

Reinstall plugs & distributor/wire.

What's the situation with the gas? Hopefully not 6 years old. Not a good idea to run that through the carb.
    Gas tank was drained prior to storage. Distributor- oil pump is a great idea. That’s what I was looking for. Thank you!

Depending on price and location I might be interested in it as is . I would rather see what it needs before its worked on?

D4D1B5A1-1563-4CF7-9DD7-B65CD921FE41.jpgD13B55AF-D546-45C1-BEB4-312C8FCF5805.jpg6E089F40-7B5D-4262-BBE3-2E4429286ED2.jpg7D63A832-FB2F-423B-9807-0F36166D45D3.jpgAD002CC2-19CD-4601-9EFF-4681D1AF25B3.jpg

These are some pics I was able to take today when I pulled it out of the basement. Haven’t cleaned it yet, supposed to rain tonight so I put it back in basement. Ordered a new fuel filter canister element, put some gas in it. Will try it once I get gas flowing. Checked hour meter, 97.3 hours. Will post some more pics.