Hybrid View

Default 2000-2002 Supra Launch SSV - OK wake for slalom skiing

Hi,
    I'm looking to buy a 2000-2002 Supra Launch SSV and need some advice (newbie on your forum):
    We'll mostly use it for tubing/surfing/cruising on Lake Mead and Lake Mojave/Havasu, but I wanna be able to slalom with it once in a while too. How's the slalom wake at 28-32 mph? I'm not a tournament slalom skier so VDrive sounded like the way to go for seating, surfing, etc.
    I've been told on rougher lakes (and for better surf wave) get a 22 cuz 20 might be too small (even w ballast/people). We'll probably have 6-8 people but it'd be nice to have room for more if we need it.
    Thanks for the help

Its a survivable ski wake at best . Its much better at wakeboard and surf.

If you only want to slalom once in awhile. Find someone on the lake with a response, prostar, 196, or comp and ask if you take them surfing on your launch. Can you slalom behind there boat. Lol
    Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

So far, I lake tested a 98 21' Malibu Sunsetter VLX in AMAZING shape, looked at a 04 20' Tige V Switch that looked almost new and will look at a 01 22' Supra Launch SSV that needs some cosmetic work but is, I think, mechanically good (mechanic will do compression test and other checks).
    Any advice on which does a good job at rec slalom and surfing? If not, then I'll just go with foxriverrat's plan... Thanks

You are trying to get the best of both worlds. Like getting a truck that can have a smooth ride great gas mileage and have room for 6 but still be able to tow 20k . I have a Second generation Nautique 210 that does a pretty good job great on wakeboard and wakesurf ok at ski . Not even close as my comp on a slalom run.

Since I'm the only one that skis, then I guess we'll pick something that's better at surfing and live with the ski wake (until I find someone with a ski boat that wants to surf on mine). Thanks