Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Is that pic from the bow looking aft? And which part do you mean by center strip? The underside of the hull transitions from a deep v for the bow to a more shallow v under the stern.

Did the bilge area toward the bottom of the pic look like that when you removed the floor or did some glass peel up? My '87 bilge was entirely like the smooth glass at the top of your pic.

That’s under where cooler went i think it goes back about 1.5 ft or so I did most my grinding today still haven’t taken that little strip out. That section was under where the cooler went I’ll still have to cut it out eventually gonna get starboard stringers cut tomorrow hopefully and lay some glass down to over starboard side to help reinforce and glue stringers in Friday if all goes as planned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by roll.model View Post
    That’s under where cooler went i think it goes back about 1.5 ft or so I did most my grinding today still haven’t taken that little strip out. That section was under where the cooler went I’ll still have to cut it out eventually gonna get starboard stringers cut tomorrow hopefully and lay some glass down to over starboard side to help reinforce and glue stringers in Friday if all goes as planned

this is where that’s at. The bilge raises up a bit right under cooler and after I cut it all out found that little strip and there’s foam and water still under it. The raised section was the nastiest underneath lots of water in the foam there

Looking good so far. Been following the thread but missed this the first time...what were they using the white PVC pipe for I see in bilge? Never seen that before. Seems odd.

Also, was that the location of the blower? High up on transom? If the top cap was on and the gas tank in, how would you access it? Is there access through ski locker?
    Mine in Rider is over on port side next to gas tank. I don’t have to pull tank to replace. I just pulled my tank and it was a certain kind of pain in the ass.

Anyway, keep posting. Looks like you’re having lots of fun.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Where the hoses from the sides vents (by the windshield) went under the floor? If so, that's one of Supra's most head scratching designs. On the Saltare that was a really nasty spot to accumulate water. You can kinda see at the bottom of this pic I went with a shelf to direct that water to the bilge so the pump could remove it.

You're making great progress with the grinding. Wish I had tackled the rudder seal at the time. It's on my spring wish list. Glad to see you're knocking it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    Looking good so far. Been following the thread but missed this the first time...what were they using the white PVC pipe for I see in bilge? Never seen that before. Seems odd.

Also, was that the location of the blower? High up on transom? If the top cap was on and the gas tank in, how would you access it? Is there access through ski locker?
    Mine in Rider is over on port side next to gas tank. I don’t have to pull tank to replace. I just pulled my tank and it was a certain kind of pain in the ass.

Anyway, keep posting. Looks like you’re having lots of fun.
    Ya that’s where the blower was mounted had to pull ski locker to access it and the pvc I believe there’s supposed to be some sort of a block system that silicones to the transom and hooks up to the pvc I believe the blower was essentially supposed to be plumbed into that not sure tho. Gonna have to design a new system with 2 blowers like it’s supposed to have but I’ll gross that bridge when I get the stringers done lol it’s been fun so far the grinding kinda sucks lol but done with that for the starboard side atleast

Quote Originally Posted by Salty87 View Post
    Where the hoses from the sides vents (by the windshield) went under the floor? If so, that's one of Supra's most head scratching designs. On the Saltare that was a really nasty spot to accumulate water. You can kinda see at the bottom of this pic I went with a shelf to direct that water to the bilge so the pump could remove it.

You're making great progress with the grinding. Wish I had tackled the rudder seal at the time. It's on my spring wish list. Glad to see you're knocking it out.
    Ya I decided if I got it all apart gonna change all the wood and throw in plenty of glass to help reinforce it previous owner beached it so it’s got some damage to gelcoat so was gonna clean up those areas in particular on inside of hull and overlay some fiberglass in as well. From what I can tell it’s just the gelcoat that’s damaged but I figured what the heck extra glass can’t hurt.

What’s the best way to get green glue off transom? Been grinding at it for awhile now

Finally got all glue removed and grinding done gonna start building stringers. Got a question tho from what I’ve read i wanna have my stingers glued in a 1/4” off the hull is this correct? And what’s the best way to suspend them for the glueing.

Finally got all glue removed and grinding done gonna start building stringers. Got a question tho from what I’ve read i wanna have my stingers glued in a 1/4” off the hull is this correct? And what’s the best way to suspend them for the glueing.