Default New member- Old boat

Just saying hello. New owner of an 1984 Comp ts6m. I'd post pictures, but there are about a million of them on here of the boat which definitely helped ease my mind during purchasing (Michael Hunter's). Look forward to asking a bunch of questions as I spend more time on the water.

Congrats on the new boat and new forum membership.

Smart decision to buy from Michael.

Welcome

I'm jealous. Great boat! Congrats!

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Beautiful boat.

Went out for the maiden voyage on saturday. Everything went well, except getting it off the trailer. The ramp we use is a bit less steep than the one Michael used, and since the trailer had a double bow roller set up, the D ring kept getting hung on the bottom bow roller. We tried backing in further and less with no luck. We eventually used the winch to hold the bow roller down to get it off. Upon returning home I went ahead and cut off the bottom bow roller and the bracket as well as position the top one so hopefully the boat won't hit the Winch strut. We'll have to be careful when we launch and put the boat back on the trailer, but hopefully this alleviates those troubles.

Other than that, we spent about 6 hours on the water and the boat ran great despite the less than ideal water conditions.

With that said, we are extremely satisfied with the boat. The only thing we noticed is that the stereo could use two more speakers. I plan to put them where the other two are just a couple feet back. Any tips or threads on someone doing this before we go cutting into it? Michael?
    Last edited by hoop46; 03-28-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Well i posted a little too early. Planning on getting the boat out tomorrow but decided to go ahead and top off on fuel even though the gauge showed a 3/4 tank. 13 gallons later, the tank is full. Any tips on what to look at to get the gauge reading right?

Due to the nature of the senders and fuel tank design, the slightest angle can change the reading from full to empty. Try it on the water by tilting the boat to one side , then to the other. Its the nature of the beast. That being said , my 50 gallon 21v gauge is much better than my moomba 25 gallon Outback was. But again it is due to design and sender and fuel tank location
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

So I've taken the wires off the sender and touched them together and according to my old lady the gauge didn't move. Tonight i checked the wires back to the gauge and took them all off and put them back on and the gauge still shows just under a full tank. I'll fill up next weekend before we head to the lake to see how much fuel is actually in the tank. I realize these things aren't perfectly accurate, but it's nice to have somewhat of an idea whats left in the tank.

I haven't had a chance to check the voltage at the wires yet mainly because i don't have a meter and also because I could use a bit more in depth how to of troubleshooting this.