Quote Originally Posted by Salty87 View Post
That sucks. The exhaust pipes probably won't come out with the floor intact. I haven't tried but the motor side ends of the pipes have a 45 degree bend. And, the factory foaming job pretty much glued the pipes in place. The pipes are pretty thick so unlikely they'll rust out.

Does your flooring go all the way back to the transom? Some models/years had the floor stop about a foot short of the transom. Nice access to all that stuff.

Did you re-use the same screw holes for the baseplates of the trapps?...or fill them in (marine tex or epoxy, etc) and drill new holes?

You found the joint a couple inches up the pipes that needs sealant?
I've been told that they're stainless. They do have a seam, though, and I think that may be the issue.

Used the same holes, caulked them good.

The floor does go all the way back. I was thinking maybe to cut that section of it out. Brand new floor. With hindsight, I could have done something different with the deck back there to allow access. Everyone I consulted, with the exception of Vince at SKIDIM, said there's no way it's the pipes themselves.

I didn't see any joints a few inches into the pipe, unless you're talking about the area where the baffle mount attaches to the interior?