Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Pedel - I took delivery of a new SL 450 this week (Switched from Malibu 247 Wakesetter) - the boat is awesome and the wave is great with 6-7 guys, but I need more weight when it’s just my family and I - I have ordered 500lb of lead weight and have a 450lb bow bag that I used on the Malibu. Now that you’ve had a summer on your boat what are your recommendations for ballast/AUTOWAKE settings and weight placement? FWIW I’m an intermediate surfer but love a big wave with plenty of push.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying kiwi View Post
    Hi Pedel - I took delivery of a new SL 450 this week (Switched from Malibu 247 Wakesetter) - the boat is awesome and the wave is great with 6-7 guys, but I need more weight when it’s just my family and I - I have ordered 500lb of lead weight and have a 450lb bow bag that I used on the Malibu. Now that you’ve had a summer on your boat what are your recommendations for ballast/AUTOWAKE settings and weight placement? FWIW I’m an intermediate surfer but love a big wave with plenty of push.
    Congrats! We ended up adding 900 lbs of lead. We put 100 lbs in each rear corner of the surf locker. Then we spread the rest in pretty evenly under the side seats (biased a bit to the port side to make up for prop rotation). On the regular side I set it to 8.5 pitch/3.5 roll. On goofy we do 9/4. And for transfers (or skim) we use the stock transfer setting. You can play around with the bag, but there is nothing like flipping a switch and having the perfect wave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk