Hybrid View

Default Comp ts6m stereo

So I've been realizing that my stereo is pretty much unheard when running, no matter the volume. The current set up is just a head unit and two speakers. My plan is the following which will probably be done in steps.

Step 1. Add 2 more speakers in the rear on the side. This may be enough to get me through the summer, but if not, i will proceed to step 2.

Step 2. Add amp to power all 4 speakers.

Step 3. Add Sub to accent steps 1 and 2 and utilize one sub to power it all.

My current plan is to get a 4 channel amp to power all speakers on channel 1 and 2 and the sub bridged on 3 and 4. I'm not looking to make a ton of noise, but just enough to produce clear sound that can be heard of the ole 351 windsor.

We generally take a bluetooth speaker for sitting in the cove just to save the battery, but I think when I get to step 3 of this project, we may get a second battery to power the radio on its own. Thoughts?

Thanks for any and all help.

A second battery is a good way to don't stay stuck on the lake.

Go for a 4 channel class-D car amplifier, they draw alot less current than classical class A-B.
    I run a very little Soundstream 5 channel PN5.640D to power the whole boat (4 speakers onboard, 4 speakers on the tower, 1 subwoofer). We can spend a day on water without emptying the battery, thanks to class-D
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Step 1. Add 2 more speakers in the rear on the side.
    So where are the other 2? Speakers behind you tend to do little for you, while underway. If there are speakers in proximity to the captains chair and they struggle to be heard underway, external amplification is needed. At the same time, I would still add that 2nd pair in the cabin.

Im a big fan of dual batteries in any boat. I consider adding this as well.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Step 1 is complete. Much more sound in the boat at least the little bit I could test that in the driveway. I believe the next step will be an amp, another battery and ACR switch.