Hybrid View

Wow Thanks for the Responses guys!
    I’m pretty excited to dive into the project. I’ve already begun pulling out a lot of the interior. After reading up on the forums it looks like I need to pull the gas tank to be able to do a full repair on the floor.
    Unfortunately the floor under the dash where your feet would go is pretty shot and needs immediate replacement so that’s gotta happen before it sees water.
    Hopefully I’ll know more once the floor is out. Since the port side is solid I’m hoping I can get away with only replacing the wood on the one side of the boat. Maybe that’s wishful thinking?

I was planning on doing a wiring replacement anyhow, since that section of the boat seems to be where the wire run is- so a big thanks to Flipz96 for the diagram. Hoping to have the rest of the interior out this weekend, so I’ll post some pics of my progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjsupra88 View Post
    ... Maybe that’s wishful thinking?
    We've all been there hoping it's not a total rebuild but the sad truth is...it is. By the time the deck is rotting in the middle of the boat the bottom of the stingers are shot. Your foam is trapping water. Would be throwing good money after bad to piecemeal a patch job.

Another vote to use it for the season if the motor mount bolts are holding firm. Slap some plywood over that area under the diver's dash. It's a low traffic area. You wouldn't be the first or the last to do this (I did it behind the dog house for a season or 3). Save the rebuild for next winter. Of course that's if you were hoping to use the boat now versus working on it for a couple months first.