Default Fuel Pump - 2000 Launch

I have a 2000 Launch with the Assault MPEFI engine. Fuel pressure is 10 psi. This motor has 2 fuel pumps and 2 filters. I've changed the filters with no improvement. I believe the problem is the high pressure pump, which is inside a cooling canister on the front of the motor. Apparently this part is no longer available from Indmar. Skidim shows a non-cooled pump as the replacement, and a kit with an elbow and some plugs to bypass the cooling. Has anyone done this? Any tips?

I replaced the fuel pump on my 2000 launch - it was a PITA. I purchased from Skidim the fuel pump you mentioned in your post. The issue is you need a coast guard approved line from the Pump to the fuel filter on the front of the engine. PM me and can provide you all the details.

Well, I opened the canister up last night, and I am 90% sure the high pressure pump is running. I'm thinking I may have a clogged pickup, or swollen fuel line from ethanol. I think I'm going to have to pull the rear seat base ballast tank and slide the fuel tank forward to get the pickup out. Tank is completely full of fuel too, of course. Gonna be fun. :\

To remove the ballast tank, I have to remove the two side cushions for the rear seat, which are connected with a bolt top and bottom. I think easiest way to remove them is to remove the rear speaker and reach your hand in and find the bolts. Not hard to do, but it is mostly feel.

Hope you are able to salvage your existing system and a good cleaning and new fuel lines do the trick. A previous owner had replaced the system you currently had due to some vapor lock issues. When I called skidim, they were very helpful but told me the system was not safe as the pump was for a car and they used rubber hose from the high pressure fuel pump to the gas filter (next to the throttle body). I have some picks when I removed the rear seat and ballast tank - let me know if you would like to see them.

Thanks a bunch for the help here and on my dash rebuild thread!

Fixed! There was a fitting on the fuel pickup at the tank that was corroded and broken completely loose. Picked up a new one at West Marine for $3.99. I guess the fuel pumps can generate 10 psi of air. Thanks for the help!

The pickup and return used the same aluminum 1/4" NPT x 3/8" barb fitting, so I went ahead and changed the one that hadn't failed yet. The ones West Marine has are brass. Here are the old ones. Might want to take a look at yours.

IMG_7513.jpg