Default Electrical issue at fuse block.

Was out this weekend and went to turn over the engine and lost all electric on the boat. After getting towed back the dock, I began troubleshooting a little more in depth.

What i found was that i was not getting power to the fuse block. The wire leading to the block was live, but when it connected the fuse block nothing happened. I later found that if i touch it directly to any of the fuses, everything was on like normal, so i used a jumper wire and attached straight to the fuse to get the boat back to the launch and loaded up. I looked at the fuse block, and it is riveted (?) together with a closed construction. Not something that screams it can be taken apart and fixed. With that said, I'm thinking it may be time to just replace it complete to something a bit more modern and that should fix the issue.

Will something like this get the job done? I know the current one is set up with a positive lead coming in, all the fuse spots, and then on the right side there are quite a few leads for ground.

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Syst...%2Bground&th=1

It looks like the power comes in the top post and goes down the middle of the fuse block. The posts on the right (and I suppose left) are the power take-offs for your different accessories. You normally have to accommodate the grounds separately...but it looks like maybe the posts at the top are there for that purpose? I would think this box would work fine. Have you looked at ones for breakers instead of fuses? That would really be modernizing!

Replaced the fuse block this evening. All systems ago. Quick and easy.