Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Definitely going to change the gauges out and get rid of mdc thanks for all the info. In hope to fix issues I put new fuel pumps on and new filters. Problem still exist. I didn’t get a chance to get a fuel pressure gauge but I have a entirely new fuel system and new relay. It’s all not a over heat problem that I can tell cause it never gets over 160, but I do believe it’s going into limp mode. Which scan tool can I get to view the codes?
    99 santera

Also in checking every thing out I found that the warning light for the v-drive oil pressure wasn’t hooked up. Now that it’s connected the light never goes off. The gearbox has the right amount of oil. The oil looks and smells good, and doesn’t get hot to the touch. There are no problems or noises from any thing. Could the pressure switch be out?
    Last edited by ktrojcak1; 05-12-2018 at 09:37 PM.
    99 santera

Gotta love PO's! Yes, it is very likely the pressure switch is bad, as the V-drive itself is almost indestructible. Your last owner likely disconnected the light rather than actually fix something!?!

Default 2004 Supra”

Wondering if anybody can help. I have a 2004 supra gravity games addition but about a year and a half since it’s been driven had some work done to it got it out for the first time today it ran better than ever wide-open and at a lower Throttle it’s got a slite Sputter an idol it died a couple times my guests may be a fuel filter or something along the lines cranks and try’s to turn over plenty and fires just fine
    Any input would be appreciated thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ktrojcak1 View Post
    Definitely going to change the gauges out and get rid of mdc thanks for all the info. In hope to fix issues I put new fuel pumps on and new filters. Problem still exist. I didn’t get a chance to get a fuel pressure gauge but I have a entirely new fuel system and new relay. It’s all not a over heat problem that I can tell cause it never gets over 160, but I do believe it’s going into limp mode. Which scan tool can I get to view the codes?
    Throttle position sensor.
    Function before fashion!

I finally got some spare time to hook the rinda up to the boat. The only fault code is engine over heat. Unless it was a quick spike when is was not watching, it never got hot. Now that I have the diagnostic tool I’ll go out on the lake and recreate the problem with the scanner hooked up to see if it’s actually over heating. If it’s overheating what is the first step( water strainer clean, can’t see any debris in intake) could it be sensor, impeller, water pump. Thanks for all your help
    99 santera

It sounds like you've got a lot going on. If you know you have sufficient fuel pressure to the injectors, then the problem must be ignition. I don't think overheating will cause it to sputter . . but then again, my boat doesn't have all of the electronics on the motor. Did you check the distributor cap? The problem you describe in the beginning sounds an awful lot like what my boat does when it gets condensation in the distributor cap.
    C Suggs

Well I finally got around to going back to the lake. Changes temp sending unit and tps just to rule that out. I hooked up the rhinda while I was running and found that the engine is overheating or at least thinks it is. The gauge on the dash seems to be working cause if I run hard then shut down it heats up a little but instantly cools off when started. Computer on the other hand seems to think it’s getting up to 215 while pulling at load and puts me into limp mode but slowly cools back down and runs good again until it over heats. I know there are two different sensors for temp but why would they be reading so different?
    99 santera

I have the same model with similar problems this year. My temp gauge was reading 160 as well. So I thought I had water in the gas. I changed fuel filters twice and put water treatment in the fuel. Then I changed the raw water pump and thermostat and it seams to have taken care of it. Only had it out for an hour or so. Where did you get your scan tool? Just FYI my transmission switch was never wired either. I bought my boat when it was about 3 years old.

New impeller and thermostat, still not fixed. Next step new water pump, remove risers and inspect, and replace water lines. I bought the rhinda scan tool from their website.
    99 santera