Default 2007 supra 24ssv Speedo and Ballast issues

Just picked up a 2007 supra 24ssv gravity games edition and the speedometer does not work which is an inconvenience when trying to use perfect pass. Also one of the rear ballast bags only fills part way and neither of them are draining. Any advice would be appreciated.

Pretty sure the ballast system is the same as my 2006 24ssv and each bag has its own drain pump. And they tend to go bad easily. The rear pumps are mounted on the back of the boat inside the engine compartment. You can check to see if they are getting voltage. New pumps are available from wakemakers for about $50 a piece. I upgraded all my pumps this season to wakemakers best system. The sprinkler valves are a pain in my opinion. And there is only one fill pump that is slow to fill three bags.

My Speedo hasn’t worked since I have had the boat. I upgraded from perfect pass to hydrophase ridesteady system and it has a built in gps speedo that I like and use exclusively. I am sure someone else will have info on how to get the stock one working.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Does the speed read out on the perfect pass work?

I am new to this version of perfect pass, what do you mean does it read out?

As mentioned above, on the old sprinkler valve system there is a small Rule Pump on each bag to drain.

Usually found on he back of the bag by the transom. Bag > Small section of Hose > Pump > Hose out the side of the boat.

There is a thread on here w/pics if you search for Rule Pumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

An issue with filling the bag with the sprinkler system could be the valves.

One pump fills all bags. Directed from the sprinkler valve system.

Also have some pics on here. Try searching for sprinkler.

I would assume your pump is working if you are getting water on the bag.

You can also check the fuses under the dash if nothing is working. There is a small panel under the steering wheel. Small amp fuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by bschulz18 View Post
    I am new to this version of perfect pass, what do you mean does it read out?
    Do you see your actual speed on the perfect pass or does is stay at low/zero?

Quote Originally Posted by CJD View Post
    Do you see your actual speed on the perfect pass or does is stay at low/zero?
    It shows zero all the time. i looked at the paddle wheel underneath and it spun freely but still not showing speed.

Still, if both the PP and the boat speedo are showing zero, that is a strong indication that there is no signal getting to them from the paddle wheel. I would look at the connections first, to make sure they are good. I used a scope to verify the signal from the paddlewheel, although I realize that is not likely in everyone's tool kit. If the connections are good, but both units inop...then replacing the paddlewheel would be my next step.