Default Soon to be a Supra owner - 24SSV - Feedback welcomed

After a few months of looking, it looks like my wife and I have decided upon buying a pre-owned 2007 Supra 24SSV. Going to pay about $48,000 Canadian for it, so that is about roughly $35,000 American before taxes.

Supra 24SSV.jpg

I am new to boat ownership and have always enjoyed my friend's boats. Mostly am used to riding behind a Centurion Enzo that my buddy owned for a long time and another friend has an 20 ft 2006 Blue Water stern drive that is only good for tubing and wake boarding behind. The idea was to buy pre-owned as to not break the bank either.

Having just moved to the Okanagan in British Columbia though, we were itching to get out on the big lake here and were looking for a big boat that could do it all. We wanted a boat that we could get friends and family in and one that would suit our needs for years to come. We have a 4 year old daughter that enjoyed being behind the boat last year and was up on her own on one of those water ski inflatable trainers.

Before stumbling upon a very well taken care of 2007 24SSV with an upgraded V8 450 HP, I was looking at a 2005 Moomba 23XLV and the LSV (various years as there were a few out there), as well as a 2008 Tige 22VE and 2010 Z1.

My only concern is that we might be getting too much boat with the 24SSV.

Any feedback from anyone who has the boat, is it a great all-around family boat or what? Can it be pretty tame for tubing and such activities if I do not load it up with ballast? As the wife and I are now 43 and 44, I am looking forward to surfing behind it but she used to ski, and I still wakeboard.
    Last edited by ktowndave; 05-21-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Not too much boat...you’ll love it. We have pulled 17 kids on 4 tubes simultaneously with no issues...I can knock them all off the tubes any time I want! The only time the boat balks is when I try to pull multiple tubes without waiting for the bags to fully empty. The boat is made for wake boarding and surfing. Skiing is fun too, but not in competition!?!

Yeah we are pretty excited, go out for a test drive tomorrow and then hopefully ink the deal. By tomorrow night will probably be towing it back to my house. No one is doing skiing competitively, just for nostalgia haha.

Love my 2006 24ssv. Great boat. But I have replaced most systems on board. If you have any questions I can probably answer them for you.

6029709E-2AB9-4396-84EF-29D76E22F3DB.jpg
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

My wife was out on the lake with a mechanic yesterday for a lake run. I was working. Also had the boat looked over and a couple things were found.
    - Missing schrader valve cap (didnt know what that was but had it explained to me)
    - Rudder chatter at full throttle - 42 mph
    - Steering wheel was about 1/4 turn off
    - One of the inside tower knobs was stripped out needing a new heli coil

The main thing was the aft ballast tanks being slow to fill. I have read about this in the forums and the owner of the boat indicated this when we were first looking at it. Since the aft ballast were added after market, I do not think there is a dedicated pump for all three ballasts. Maybe we will redo this in a year or so.

Anyways, we bought the boat yesterday as most of the above items seemed like they could be fixed easy enough and most minor issues. We pick up the boat later on today from the shop that did the inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by gogger View Post
    If you have any questions I can probably answer them for you.

6029709E-2AB9-4396-84EF-29D76E22F3DB.jpg
    So you give wakeboard lessons for jumping wake-wake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Well I don’t currently but I would be happy to start MJH! And how I would start the lesson is by telling you not to try! My best wakeboarding trick is not getting hurt. I guess that response did sound a little funny.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

We also bought a 24ssv in the fall of last year for the same price canadian, 2008 worlds. We absolutely love the boat, it handles easier than we thought. We have the upgraded sacs and bought a suckgate to give us a decent surf wave and it doesn’t disappoint. Only issues we have are with the ballast system, will more than likely be upgrading with the WakeMAKERS kit. Still a beautiful boat for its age and they’re built to last. Enjoy!