Threaded View

Default Soon to be a Supra owner - 24SSV - Feedback welcomed

After a few months of looking, it looks like my wife and I have decided upon buying a pre-owned 2007 Supra 24SSV. Going to pay about $48,000 Canadian for it, so that is about roughly $35,000 American before taxes.

Supra 24SSV.jpg

I am new to boat ownership and have always enjoyed my friend's boats. Mostly am used to riding behind a Centurion Enzo that my buddy owned for a long time and another friend has an 20 ft 2006 Blue Water stern drive that is only good for tubing and wake boarding behind. The idea was to buy pre-owned as to not break the bank either.

Having just moved to the Okanagan in British Columbia though, we were itching to get out on the big lake here and were looking for a big boat that could do it all. We wanted a boat that we could get friends and family in and one that would suit our needs for years to come. We have a 4 year old daughter that enjoyed being behind the boat last year and was up on her own on one of those water ski inflatable trainers.

Before stumbling upon a very well taken care of 2007 24SSV with an upgraded V8 450 HP, I was looking at a 2005 Moomba 23XLV and the LSV (various years as there were a few out there), as well as a 2008 Tige 22VE and 2010 Z1.

My only concern is that we might be getting too much boat with the 24SSV.

Any feedback from anyone who has the boat, is it a great all-around family boat or what? Can it be pretty tame for tubing and such activities if I do not load it up with ballast? As the wife and I are now 43 and 44, I am looking forward to surfing behind it but she used to ski, and I still wakeboard.
    Last edited by ktowndave; 05-21-2018 at 10:26 AM.