Default ignition control module

last weekend and the weekend before the boat was acting up. you would start it up, take it out beyond the buoys and give it gas and it would start to pick up then say NO and drop back down to almost an idle. pull back the throttle then try again and the same thing. Shut it off and wait a minute then turn it back on and try again and it goes like its supposed to. any suggestions? its a 2006 supra launch Is the under distributor cap and rotor? any pic would help thx

Sounds like bad gas, moisture in the distributor breaking down the spark at anything above idle. Look at the distributor, wires, plugs and smell your gas. All this blended gas wreaks havoc on systems. Does not stand up well to storage or moisture.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

going to check all this on weekend

I had a Rinker 246 Captiva 2008 I bought from a buddy that supposedly did impeccable maintenance, lol, not. First time out last year in November it was doing the same thing as yours. Would idle great. Put a load on it and it would just fall on its face. Damn thing would go faster in reverse than it would forward (have no idea why). Pulled the rotor cap and they were all corroded. Got it home, new plugs, rotor and cap. Took it back out and it ran like a champ. Anyways, sunk that boat about 2 months ago and it was totalled. Bought a used 2014 supra launch 242 a month ago. Had 28 hours on it. Took it out the the second time and it did the same thing. No issues with spark, guessing bad gas. Cause I just sat out in the water fir about 30-45 min idling and stopping and starting and it just cleared up on its own. Who knows. Good luck.

How did you sink your boat??

Lol. In Lake Livingston (Texas). Damn thing is full of trees. Was in open water 14' deep, doing 20mph, pulling my daughter on a tube. Hit a tree that must have been about 3' below water height. I've bumped into Stumps before, but not at 20mph. Thought to myself "hmm, that felt pretty damn solid, I'm gonna turn the bilge pump on just in case". Anyways, after 20-30 secs it was still pumping (which was unusual for that boat). Lifted the engine door and looked, only slight water. Bilge pump still going 2min later and looked in engine bay again, water was up to the heads. Had my son climb in with a bucket while I tried to make it back to shore. Lol. Ends up, that tree knocked a fist size hole in the bottom right below the gas tank along with about 12-14" gash. Boat shop said that was the worst place I could of possibly hit it. Would have to pull the gas tank to repair. But to do that, they would of had to cut the boat in half. Insurance company totaled it.

Wow! That would be an intense situation to be in.