Default Buying a Supra for Surfing

First post here, am looking at a Supra, it's advertised as a 2008 Supra 21 SSV, but i cannot seem to find details on that model on the Supra site. Does that sound correct?

I have not gone to look at the boat in person yet. But would this be a good surf boat?

We currently have a 2005 Moomba Outback D-Drive, we do like it, but am looking for something with a bit more space and more plumbed in ballasts.

Thanks!

It would be serviceable with some sort of wake device added to it. Out of the box that's a wakeboard boat. It will certainly be better than your current ride, but it's not going to blow you away like a new model that's surf specific.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Thanks for the info.

I am not sure if this one has wake device. Does have 1,200lbs ballast and Perfect Pass.

It's tough trying to figure out what's a good used boat to get in the 2006-2009 range.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongMan105 View Post
    Thanks for the info.

I am not sure if this one has wake device. Does have 1,200lbs ballast and Perfect Pass.

It's tough trying to figure out what's a good used boat to get in the 2006-2009 range.
    Nothing in that range is going to include actual surf devices. What I meant was some sort of stick on wave maker, like the Mission Delta. If you add something such as that device, it will dramatically help the surf wave.
    -Mike
    2006 Supra Sunsport 20V

Ahh, we have a Mission Delta wake shaper already, will hang onto that when I sell the boat.

To be honest, i did not feel it did much with the Moomba, but i know other people that love it with other boats.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongMan105 View Post
    Ahh, we have a Mission Delta wake shaper already, will hang onto that when I sell the boat.

To be honest, i did not feel it did much with the Moomba, but i know other people that love it with other boats.
    Not sure if you ever bought a boat but - we have a 2008 20SSV with the best wake out of our friends' Axis, SAN, and MC. 800 lbs in each locker, 400 in the center, 600 in the bow and if only driver and passenger, another 400 lb extra sack. Hubby built a suck gate as well. The wave is long with enough push for hubby to ride a 56" skim board and he is 6', 220 pounds.

I have a 07 21v that I bought new.

With the proper weight it puts out a pretty good surf wake. I have a buddy who has a recent Axis T-23 and the wave size is similar. He does have a little bit more push but runs more weight then me and burns more gas then me. I get compliments on how long the wave is.

In the front I have a gravity games sac 1180 lbs
    In the back I run my stock front sac along with another 650 lbs each
    On the rear seat I have a 650 lbs sac
    On the floor I'll have 1-3 fat sac bricks 150 lb each depending upon the number of people in the boat
    I use the mission wedge