Default 1988 Supra Saltaire - thru hull exhaust replacement

Looking for some helpful advice on replacing the thru hull exhaust plastic flange. I have the ski tray out, and I can see the exhaust flange. Can I just replace the flange or do I need to pull the gas tank. The boat is sitting on the boat lift. Memorial day was an adventure, the raw water pump went and the boat overheated. Then the flange deformed causing a big leak.

Engine is ok, raw water pump replaced and its running good! Thank goodness. We need to get this fixed and I'm rocking again.

Thanks Home of Leinenkugel's!

Do you have a pic?...not sure what the plastic flange on the exhaust is. Ski tray?

Replace the flange with another plastic one, should be a four inch diameter one. Check your hoses between the elbow coming off the manifold to that flange though or you might be asking for more hurt. I would say ask me how I know but I don't want to relive that experience.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Ok, the exhaust hose from the manifold is soft now, so I will replace also. I was able to get two replacement "thru hull flanges" 3.5" O.D. it appears I need to pull the gas tank to make sure all is ok. I will send picts when I get to the boat.

So I took the gas tank out. I can now see the mufflers. 3m 4200 sealant is the most difficult thing to find I went to 10 stores. Now I'm ordering it online

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    So I took the gas tank out. I can now see the mufflers. 3m 4200 sealant is the most difficult thing to find I went to 10 stores. Now I'm ordering it online

I’m not sure where you live, but Academy sporting goods carries some 3M sealants.

Hmmm, thanks never heard of Academy Sporting goods. Live in northwestern Wisconsin.