Default 00 Launch - Floor Under Driver Seat

I was sitting in the back while a friend of mine that's fairly big drove yesterday, and noticed more springiness in the the seat than I have seen before. Looking closely, the floor is actually the issue. It appears that the bond to the stringer has failed, and it allows the seat to move around when accelerating, hitting waves, etc. Has anyone had to fix this? I could use new carpet, but I'd really prefer to wait til next winter to pull it up and start investigating.

I'm considering just building a new base for the seat out of 1/2" PVC that will spread out the load better. I never liked the looks of the pedestal on these boats anyway - lots of stress in a small area. I could also raise the seat a few inches at the same time.

What is the core material of the floor and stringers on these boats? Anyone know the measurements of the stringers? Maybe just some longer bolts in the seat would grab the stringer.

Any other ideas?

Sorry for the poor quality. This is what it looks like under a 2002 Supra Launch DD. The floor is screwed to the stringers. Stringers are foam encased in fibreglass. A lot of my screws were loose and I had to add some new ones.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Thank you! So there are four stringers? Do you know the widths of the stringers and the gaps between them?

I missed the fact that you said it was front seat area. Mine had been repositioned several times apparently. I filled all the hokes with epoxy mix. The stringers are 3.5 inches wide and 12.5 inches on center. The screws were to fine and stripped after many years of abuse. I used larger diameter screws when fixing it. Good luck. As you can see, my spring cleaning and tune up turned into an overhaul!

Thanks. I'm still considering building a larger square base for the driver seat, too. It would really reduce the stress on the floor, stabilize the seat, and it'd be nice to not have to sit on my throwable PFD to see over the dash (I'm 6'-3"). The pedestal serves no purpose for me other than a place to stash my shoes and bumpers. I'll post pics if I do.

Hey BTW, you PM'd me about the dash bezels a while back, and I didn't see it for like a month. I wrote you back just a couple days ago. Are you still interested in them?

No. I'll pass on dash bezel. Too much going on right now.

I'm 6'-1" and the windshield is at an annoying level for me too. I'll save that project for another year. I have 3 days and 3.5 coats of paint to go before I start putting humpty dumpty back together again this has been a part time 6 week project already. Likely another week to get it on the water and 2 or 3 to button everything up and polish her up.