Default Exhaust Relocation

I was wondering if anyone had any idea on the best was to relocate my exhaust fumes. While I'm surfing it's all you smell. Anyone have any grand ideas? Or if this is one of the best and cheapest ways...
    supra.jpg
    Last edited by mback28; 06-05-2018 at 01:05 PM.

I really like http://www.freshairexhaust.com/, Just remember to periodically check the tightness of the fasteners....

FAE is the company that came out with the aftermarket exhaust for the different wake boat makers. Probably $400-500.

Supra now offers Surf Pipes on the new models.

There is a thread on the Moomba Forum about home-made models.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by mback28 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had any idea on the best was to relocate my exhaust fumes. While I'm surfing it's all you smell. Anyone have any grand ideas? Or if this is one of the best and cheapest ways...
    supra.jpg
    Do those metal straps hold it steady?

Most of the mounts I've seen have a bar that stretches between the swim platform brackets, above the tube, supporting the tube from lowering.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

supra.jpg
    That picture was a version I tried on my sunsport. It FAILED. the heat and pressure actually melted and deformed the PVC. And that metal pipe strapping was just a temp solution to test it. It broke and failed as well. Pretty much that whole setup that is pictured above was an attempt that didn't work. I have the piping still thrown in the discard pile in the corner of my yard.

I did one later on my XLV using ABS and it's been effective. It's braced on the swim platform brackets. I also had to have an exhaust shop make a flange extension because there just wasn't enough surface area on the outside lip of the plastic exhaust flanges for the couplers to stay attached.

Hopefully these pics will still work.

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, and more mods to come...

1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.

Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2002 Audi S6 Avant, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.

I made one for my Ski Brendella. Its 4" .060 thick stainless exhaust tubing thats tig welded. The couplers are just a silicone 4.5 to 4" reducer, with stainless t bolt clamps. All in all about 80 bucks in parts and a couple weekends of work. It was a fun project

At idle fumes are the same if not more. But once in gear the fumes are gone. Main reason I did it was for noise and to hear the pylon speakers

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A couple more pictures of the build.. fwiw the one support is more than sufficient. With the t bolt clamps, even pulling on it as hard as i could with no support wouldnt make it budge.

How did you form the bottom piece?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Nice work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

How did you form the bottom piece?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I cut the 45 first, then stuck it in a vice with some towels and cranked away. It was tough since it wanted to keep slipping out, but I just kept some pressure on it to keep it in the jaws