Default 87 ts6m no start no spark after stater solenoid Burnt and was replaced

So this has been an on going battle with the wiring on this boat I have all diagrams and manuals.

I blew the clutches in the trans the rebuild kit is on the way may even do a step by step rebuild but anyway.

I have fought this boat through 5 starter solenoids maybe more and finally realized I had way too big of a battery starting it 1000cca when one calls for 450 too 550 so I got the new battery also noticed my ignition switch was not making great contact so went ahead and and installed a new one wires are great everything works no known issues there.
    So I replaced the starter solenoid on it and she turn all day ignition box is lighting up fine. Now keep in mind prior to old one melting it ran perfect not even a miss fire. So the new parts installed I was still getting no spark so I started testing the ignition coil and no spark from coil to dizzy nothing on volt meter so went and bought a new coil. Noting changed no spark at coil and no spark at plug need advice season is here and I’m ready to put this thing in the water!!!!!!!
    Last edited by cmanning816; 06-05-2018 at 07:09 PM.

Key on engine off is there battery voltage at the positive side of the coil?

I will check when I am home this afternoon will post update

Default 0.17

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    Key on engine off is there battery voltage at the positive side of the coil?
    I have 0.17 v with multimeter set on 12v
    To the positive side of the coil I have no idea what that means
    Key is on engine off

That means you’re not getting power through to the primary side of the coil. You need to trace those wires and test for continuity along the way. Might be as simple as a blown fuse somewhere, but seeing as how you’ve been melting solenoids, I’d bet a melted wire somewhere too. If you have the ballast resister, check to see that it is good as well.