Thread: Ballast system

Default Ballast system

Just bought my first wake boat.
    2006 Supra 22ssv. Can anyone please explain to me how the ballast system works or at least how it’s suppose to work as far as filling the bags and draining the water. I was given 3 bags with the boat that have 1 1/8 fittings. The orbit ballast system has 3/4 fittings. And I’m having re plum both rear lockers. Only thing I think i haven’t figured out is, the rear bags have 2 fittings. One is for filling obviously, is the other for draining or for equalizing both bags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does it have one fill pump that runs through three sprinkler valves? One for each bag? That’s where your fill hoses should be coming from. The top fittings on the bags are for filling. Bottom fittings are for drain hoses. Each bag should have its own drain pump. This system is slow. With those big fittings they were probably using a different fill pump. An independent one. The stock system pump is probably slow or not working at all.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Default Ballast system

Yes it’s set up that way. It doesn’t have a pump at all I got one and haven’t Plummed it in yet. Doesn’t have any other pumps at all. So it’s suppose to have 1 pump per bag to drain? I did not know that. Are they all suppose to tee into the bilge line? You said the system was slow well seeing is how I don’t even know if the system works or not is there any decently priced full systems I could buy and just cut out the sprinkler bs?

Last edited by curtis1245; 06-07-2018 at 11:32 PM.

I finally upgraded this year. No they do not t into the bilge hose. There are outlets for all three bags. One on each side and another closer to the front. The best thing to do would be call wakemakers and install a reversible pumps. My new system has three new pumps and they fill all three 1100 pound sacks in under 8 minutes. I am sure wakemakers can hook you up. If you decide to try and set up the old style I have all my old pumps. And they are all just a year or less old. Going to list them for sale eventually.
    2006 24SSV 8.1 Vortec

Ok thank you very much

Here are the Rule Pumps that drain the bags. They were mounted by the transom on the engine divider panels. 2007 Supra.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...7&share_type=t

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Manifold system directing water to the bags.

2018 Supra SL400

Pump to the manifold.

2018 Supra SL400

Glad to get rid of that old stuff years ago. Reversible pumps are the way to go. Now they putting 2 pumps per bag.

2018 Supra SL400