Default Location of ignition control module 88 Mariah?

I cannot find the ICM on my boat, 88 Mariah 351 Windsor. It is not located in the distributor as some are. I am stumped!

Thanks for any help

I don’t even think there is an ICM on my motor because it’s a points system, but I am going off of what I am reading. And I am stumped.

Definitely a points and condenser, but you can upgrade the internals of that distributor to an electronic system for about $100 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Indirocz28 View Post
    Definitely a points and condenser, but you can upgrade the internals of that distributor to an electronic system for about $100 or so.

Points and condenser are new. What do you recommend using to upgrade to electronic?

There are kits you can buy to put inside the stock distributor to convert it and replace the points and condenser. Pertronics and Accelerate make those kits I believe, or you can buy a GM HEI style conversion distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Indirocz28 View Post
    There are kits you can buy to put inside the stock distributor to convert it and replace the points and condenser. Pertronics and Accelerate make those kits I believe, or you can buy a GM HEI style conversion distributor.
    THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY!

For anyone reading this thread I have found my issue. It was my tach! My tach has not worked and it really isn’t an issue with me....I just use my ear. However I unhooked the Grey wire from the coil and it fired right up! Something in my tach is grounding out, pulling the tach shortly and going to break it apart for fun and see what’s up!

Quote Originally Posted by lmnelson86 View Post
    THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY!

For anyone reading this thread I have found my issue. It was my tach! My tach has not worked and it really isn’t an issue with me....I just use my ear. However I unhooked the Grey wire from the coil and it fired right up! Something in my tach is grounding out, pulling the tach shortly and going to break it apart for fun and see what’s up!
    Good find! That would have been like chasing a ghost, you got lucky!