Default Ughhh... Check Engine Message!

Ok so I got my boat out of storage this weekend. I have been busy gettin everything back in batteries, fatsacs, cushions, etc.

Also the plugs and knock sensors. Well after getting everything hooked up I wanted to run it just to make sure everything was good. It more or less started right up considering it had sat for 4 months. It was a bit rough, but I kind of expected it to be. WEll after about 1 minute I was getting a 'CHECK ENGINE' message. So I shut it down. Checked everything out, found a few spark plug wires that werent quite seated all the way down. Started back up, running smoother, but the check engine message was still coming up.

The engine is a 2007 indmar assault 340(07 supra 21v). All the readings seem normal... temp, pressure etc.
    Anyone know if the ECM will clear itself or if a dealer needs to do it? Can I get the message from the ECM without takin it to the dealer?

WE have a big trip planned for the weekend, and the dealer is closed tomorrow so I already lose one day on service. Lauderdale is normally terrific about getting me in and out, but I suspect that they are pretty busy getting boats ready!

Sorry to hear about the light. I would deffinately take it in to be looked at. It may be a glitch that set the light off, but better safe than sorry. Your dealer has the Diacom set-up to properly scan the motor and turn the light off. Brian Raymond

thanks bryan,

That was pretty much what I figured. Just knew I would have to wait till tomorrow to get it to the dealer! Always hopin for something simple and easy to fix(DIY) as the dealer is an hour or so away! Hopefully I can make it out there tomorrow!

Got it out to Lauderdale today and they took a look at it immediately. It is just a 'pedal position' error and should be able to have her back by tomorrow!