Default Crossover Exhaust?

I just picked up a 93 SunSport. The PO said he had a crossover muffler removed which was supposedly located just after the manifolds inside the engine compartment. Has anyone ever heard/seen this? This was replaced with standard rubber exhaust hoses, which are all I've ever seen on a direct drive. Anyway, I'd like to quiet it down a bit. Can I install mufflers under the tank? Any recommends for type or brand.

1993 SunSport, PCM 351, carb.

Thanks

When I did my restoration I went ahead and used these to replace what was there as I had eliminated the SuperTrapps from years prior. These really quiet down the exhaust noise inside the boat but still leave a good note and sound out the back without being obnoxious like when I was essentially running open exhaust.

https://www.skidim.com/MUFFLER-ANGLE...info/288-3001/
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Thanks Jet. Thats helpful but I'd have to get into my floor with those. Do you think I could buy the Ultra 13" and squeeze them in between the riser and hull? Or better to leave the engine compartment all hose and take the tank out and install where the traps would have been?