Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Supra Launch SSV Mirror recommendations

Hey everyone. I've got a 2003 Launch 22SSV and the mirror drives me crazy. I'm always ducking my head around trying to see the rider instead of myself. Does anyone have a mirror setup that gives a good line of sight to the rider, doesn't get in the way of normal driving, and still lets you walk through the bow? I don't care if it's tower or windshield mounted as long as it annoys be less than this one:

20160814_141548.jpg

Lol. I've got the 2014 242 Supra and same issue. I just took the damn thing off. I'm hoping someone has some suggestions. Cause the one on my boat is more of a hindrance than anything. I've just gotten accustomed to turning my seat and watching back and forth. Not the best, but the mirror is a joke. There's no decent place to mount it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If you want to spend some $$, PTM Edge sells some nice stuff. There is a reason they are expensive. VR-140 mirror combo. They also make some less expensive models like re VR-100 to ?110?

If you spend the $$ for PTM, buy the sock to protect it.

Also look for CIPA. They sell on the .net and places like Amazon. You will need to purchase a mount for it. Several options out there. I think the Vision 180 is a good product.

I have a CIPA in my garage that I bought over the winter but never installed it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

My level of rage at only ever being able to see my own ugly mug is high enough that I'm not deterred by the price tags. BUT: I would want to mount it on the drivers side so it doesn't interfere with the folding window. In that case, would it actually solve the problem?

Have an 02 Launch SSV. I tried and got rid of several tower mirrors and ultimately settled went on a CIPA Extreme mirror a few years ago. I am extremely pleased with the purchase both from a quality standpoint and a safety standpoint.

https://www.overtons.com/product/det...irror&i=110006

They have mounts for the top of the windshield.
    2018 Supra SL400

Update on this: I bought the CIPA mirror, and it's nice but I can't put my cover on without taking the mirror off, so I don't think it's gonna work. I'm not willing to take it on and off 2x a week, and even if I was I don't think the plastic screw would hold up to that.

Did you check the internet to see if there is a fold down mount? That should work with a cover.

Pretty sure those PTMs fold down.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by tretter7 View Post
    Update on this: I bought the CIPA mirror, and it's nice but I can't put my cover on without taking the mirror off, so I don't think it's gonna work. I'm not willing to take it on and off 2x a week, and even if I was I don't think the plastic screw would hold up to that.
    My 2012 Sunsport 242 came with a CIPA mirror and I was less than impressed after a season and half with it. The plastic screw gave out this summer but the metal bracket had also stripped.
    I purchased a PTM Edge PCC-140 Mirror Combo from Wakemakers first of July after reading great reviews on it. It was a tad bit pricey but seemed like the logical choice.
    Upon arrival, I peeled back plastic on mirror and found small scratch.
    Instead of replacement, Wakemakers gave me 30% off and I was very happy. The scratch is small and not in my view so was best decision as I felt satisfied for what I now paid for it.
    Mirror looks great, works great and wider angle helps to see those damn goofy footed surfers off my right shoulder.
    Folds down easily and cover goes right on at the end of the day. I would recommend.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

And there you go. Another happy PTM customer. The only gripe is the overall cost. Another example of getting what you pay for.
    2018 Supra SL400