Default Gel coat cracks. Cosmetic or structural?

Found a very nice 22 Launch at a local boat store. Upon inspecting the underside, I noticed a crack in the gelcoat about 2 feet long on the bottom side of the hull under where a passenger seat would normally be located. I saw no signs of possible impact, but the length of the crack seemed a bit more than cosmetic to me.
    How would a potential buyer go about evaluating this issue? Sorry, but I was not able to take any pics.

Most boats get stress cracks over time, but they are usually in places like swim platforms brackets, where the tower meets the top deck, grab rails, thru hull fittings, etc.

What year is the boat?

Ask someone at another wake boat dealer?

You may be able to find a 3rd party, but that would be from someone in the boat repair business. Fiberglass repair.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

It is a 2007 22 footer. There are two sons in the family that is selling it (19 and 22) and I guess I am a bit concerned about how the boat may have been treated when Dad wasn't around. I am a first-time wakeboard boat buyer and a bit out of my element.

I would be asking questions about the maintenance - records of fluid changes for the motor and v-drive.

If the avg boat owner uses the boat 100 hours/year, oil should be changed in the middle and end of the year (before winter layup).
    That is one of the biggest items to make the boat last many years.

How and who winterized the boat each year?
    How does the interior look?
    Look to see if the oil looks old/dirty or the bilge is dirty or has fluid or spots.
    Does the exterior have 'dock rash'?

Then ask what is upgraded:
    Stereo?
    Ballast Bags?
    Ballast Pumps?
    Swim Deck?
    Dual Batteries?
    Battery Switch or Onboard Charger?
    Prop Upgrade?

The small block 325 and 340 motors are pretty stout.

A compression check on the motor will help you determine information. That is what I would be worried about - those hidden engine monsters.

Then test drive to make sure everything is working. If things are not working, you have more leverage to bargain for a cheaper price.

I bought my 2007 22' with a broken ballast system. Made me happy (during the test drive) it did not work b/c I knew I was going to
    1) get a cheaper price
    2) that was the first thing I ripped out of the boat and upgraded.
    2018 Supra SL400

BTW - post your questions. Don't be afraid of what you think are 'dumb questions'. We all started somewhere on the first wake boat.
    Lots of help and suggestions.
    2018 Supra SL400

Just to play it safe I would get someone of knowledge to look at it, even if it cost you a little, odd place for a crack. My concern would be if there was damage there and someone did a substandard repair. You are on the right track if you found the cracks and are asking the question.