Default 2013 Sunsport 242 screen / software issues

I've had this boat for 2 1/2 years, have had screen issues from time to time but it's worse now. The screen flips from different pages, goes to rider profiles on its own while just cruising, turns the perfect pass on by itself, then just keeps flipping around. I spoke with another 2013 supra owner at the dock and he said he had screen issues, but didn't have any after updating to 2014 software / firmware updates.

My local supra shop mentioned it could be something called "phantom touch" and a new screen would be about $4000. Anyone else had screen issues? if so how were they solved? I think the shop may have tried to update the screen before, but said it wouldn't take the update, and would have to pull the screen to send it back to skiers choice for and update. More down time. Any advice experience with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan
    2013 Supra Sunsport 242
    2014 GMC Sierra SLT Z71

Quote Originally Posted by DMLINN View Post
    I've had this boat for 2 1/2 years, have had screen issues from time to time but it's worse now. The screen flips from different pages, goes to rider profiles on its own while just cruising, turns the perfect pass on by itself, then just keeps flipping around. I spoke with another 2013 supra owner at the dock and he said he had screen issues, but didn't have any after updating to 2014 software / firmware updates.

My local supra shop mentioned it could be something called "phantom touch" and a new screen would be about $4000. Anyone else had screen issues? if so how were they solved? I think the shop may have tried to update the screen before, but said it wouldn't take the update, and would have to pull the screen to send it back to skiers choice for and update. More down time. Any advice experience with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan
    Had issues with mine after I bought it. Could not access several screens and would also not come on occasionally when I turned over engine. I’ve had no issues like you mentioned so I lived with it all last season even after the dealer tried to update it but could not get it to communicate. Waited till off season and they pulled screen and sent back to SC. Took a couple weeks and fee was $260 for software update and labor. So far this season, it works great!! Haven’t noticed any issues.

Been a few others on here with similar issues as well. Get the software update done and should fix. $4000 is the screen price to replace but haven’t heard anyone needing to do that...yet.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Thanks for the info, I’ll try to send it in. -Dan
    2013 Supra Sunsport 242
    2014 GMC Sierra SLT Z71