Thread: Starter Help

Default Starter Help

I bought a 1986 supra comp. The boat is missing the starter. Can anyone tell Me if they turn clockwise which I believe is R or left hand. Also how can You tell what HP it is ? Jim

Jim, hope all is well. It is a left hand rotation motor. There should be a metal tag on the intake manifold with the engine serial number (starting with a plp or php). You can jot this number down and call Vince at Discount Inboard Marine 803.345.0996 or www.skidim.com. They do OEM replacement parts for PCM and Indmar. He can probably get you a deal on a starter, he will also have the info. on the motor. My guess is 240 h.p. Hope this helps, keep us posted. Brian Raymond

Default thanks for information. I So many questions

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Raymond
    Jim, hope all is well. It is a left hand rotation motor. There should be a metal tag on the intake manifold with the engine serial number (starting with a plp or php). You can jot this number down and call Vince at Discount Inboard Marine 803.345.0996 or www.skidim.com. They do OEM replacement parts for PCM and Indmar. He can probably get you a deal on a starter, he will also have the info. on the motor. My guess is 240 h.p. Hope this helps, keep us posted. Brian Raymond